• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with a Konica Minolta Dimage z2 (1 Viewer)

morse

Sebastien Morissette
HI,

I own a Konica Minolta Dimage z2 (4 Mpixel, 10x optical ,4x digital f2.8 to f8)

Would my camera be suitable for digiscoping?

I read somewhere that the Z series does not work well – why would that be?

I’m really looking to get into digiscoping and I don’t really what to change my camera – it is a great camera loaded with every settings (A-S-P-M modes + presets) and manual mode and focus.

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments.

Sebastien Morissette (morse)

Ok, I found answers :

I went to a telescope/ scope / binoculars store and I tried several scopes and bought one with filtered eye piece so I am able to screw in my Camere with a 52mm adapter that I already had anyways and...

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM :bounce:

The scope I bought have removable eye piece and in fact the threaded filter is at the base of the scope and an adapter scew in over the eye piece... :h?: ... I'll put a picture :stuck:

Quite a lot af vignetting but by zooming in I get completely rid of it.

THe scope is a WATER PROOF ACUTER ST16 - 48X65A - I payd: 156.00CAN$

Pictures for you guys soon

PS: THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT TOOK THE TIME TO READ MY POST EVEN IF NOBODY WAS ABLE TO ANSWER, I UNDERSTAND I'M USING A NON-PUPOLAR CAMERA...

I LOOKED ALL OVER INTERNET FOR ANSWERS AND IT SEEMS LIKE NOBODY USE A DIMAGE Z2 FOR DIGISCOPING AND I CAN TELL YOU GUYS IT IS QUITE A GOOD CAMERA WITH 10X OPTICAL ZOOM 4MPIXELS, F2.8 @8 ISO 50 TO 400, MANUAL FOCUS + AF WITH APO LENS....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back