• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Computer doodles for those that can't paint! (1 Viewer)

deborah4

Seeing Ed's lovely illustration of Merganser produced completely on a computor gave me an idea for a thread for 'non-artists'. Perhaps there are some members who look at the wonderful artwork in this forum who think 'I can't possibly do that!'. I'm sure everyone has a unique sense of colour and design, more importantly here, perhaps there are some 'non-artists' who are better with a mouse than a brush. It would be great to see some fun doodles done by those who don't normally regard themselves as 'artists' (also some by those that do!).

Just to get the ball rolling, I tried a computor doodle of my own (took about 20 mins) and is stored in my 'General Rubbish' folder for safekeeping!

deborah4 said:
Seeing Ed's lovely illustration of Merganser produced completely on a computor gave me an idea for a thread for 'non-artists'. Perhaps there are some members who look at the wonderful artwork in this forum who think 'I can't possibly do that!'. I'm sure everyone has a unique sense of colour and design, more importantly here, perhaps there are some 'non-artists' who are better with a mouse than a brush. It would be great to see some fun doodles done by those who don't normally regard themselves as 'artists' (also some by those that do!).

Just to get the ball rolling, I tried a computor doodle of my own (took about 20 mins) and is stored in my 'General Rubbish' folder for safekeeping!
Interesting stuff Deborah, reminds me a litte of stain glass windows. Like it..

I've never been up to much with computer graphics but here goes....

Attachments

• Oystercatcher.JPG
    Oystercatcher.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 213
christineredgate said:
Where does one find the prog in ones pc ,please,to create these "doodles" ?.

Look in the All Programs list, Accessories menu and select Paint. This should get you started Christine

Hi Christine

I just used what was already on my computer when I bought it. I use Windows Xp and found the programme called 'paint'. It's really basic but fun and easy to use. I then saved it as a jpeg, went into my photo editing programme and made it the right size to upload.

I love your efforts Des - reckon we could start a line in fieldguides for toddlers with these - they're simple, colourful and jolly to look at!!

Keith Dickinson said:
Look in the All Programs list, Accessories menu and select Paint. This should get you started Christine

How do I save my completed masterpiece to the pictures folder?

Matt

Matt, File menu>Save As>

give the file a name and save as a bitmap, then import into a resizer and drop to the 800 pixel limit for posting

deborah4 said:
Hi Christine

I just used what was already on my computer when I bought it. I use Windows Xp and found the programme called 'paint'. It's really basic but fun and easy to use. I then saved it as a jpeg, went into my photo editing programme and made it the right size to upload.

I love your efforts Des - reckon we could start a line in fieldguides for toddlers with these - they're simple, colourful and jolly to look at!!

Cheers Deborah,
perhaps we can get the Mr Men people interested. What do you think?

Attachments

• Mr Birder 1.JPG
    Mr Birder 1.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 188
desgreene said:
Cheers Deborah,
perhaps we can get the Mr Men people interested. What do you think?

:clap: ROFLMHO!!

Hey Matt - I love it! Reckon you should send it to Mr TA as a housewarming card :bounce:

BTW. does anyone know whether it's possible to send attachments via PM?

I've not worked out a good way to deal with reflections yet so I've kept this one simple.

Attachments

• Smew3.JPG
    Smew3.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 164
I'm very impressed with these birdy pictures,I still draw like a drunken lobster
and my computer skills arn't much better ;)

..Which is why I opted for the landscape!

No work from Tim Wootton yet?

Matt

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back