• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica v Zeiss service (1 Viewer)

barry robson

Interesting comparison between Leica and Zeiss service. I recently had a problem with the zoom eyepiece on my Zeiss scope and have had absolutely first class service from Zeiss. I posted my problem on BirdForum and within 24 hours Zeiss had contacted me personally and advised returning the eyepiece to them for repair. The repair was completed in 5 days (UK Service dept!!) but Zeiss felt that though the eyepiece was now working properly, the repair could be improved upon by Zeiss Germany and asked if this was OK, to which I agreed. All this is foc.

Yesterday a friend was bemoaning that his Leica zoom lens had become so stiff that it took both hands to turn it. He returned it to Leica who want £58 ($110) to fix it…

B

I had some great service from Leica..

Purchased a secondhand pair of 8x32 BA trinovids, sent them for a general service and they came back with completely new rubber body armour, they also fixed the focus and did the full columnation check/internal clean etc.

The job took a month but was completely free of charge.

Matt

Interesting comparison between Leica and Zeiss service. I recently had a problem with the zoom eyepiece on my Zeiss scope and have had absolutely first class service from Zeiss. I posted my problem on BirdForum and within 24 hours Zeiss had contacted me personally and advised returning the eyepiece to them for repair. The repair was completed in 5 days (UK Service dept!!) but Zeiss felt that though the eyepiece was now working properly, the repair could be improved upon by Zeiss Germany and asked if this was OK, to which I agreed. All this is foc.

Yesterday a friend was bemoaning that his Leica zoom lens had become so stiff that it took both hands to turn it. He returned it to Leica who want £58 ($110) to fix it…

B

I have always had excellent from Leica, so Leica, Swaro, Zeiss, for the price they all offer excellent service..

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back