• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Central Illinois USA (1 Viewer)

My wife and I broke ground on this property 3 years ago. It will be our home for the rest of our lives if we're lucky. We are so fortunate to be able to live here with all the wildlife. Here are a few of the birds that were in our front yard this weekend.

9 pair of Northern Cardinals (Illinois state bird)
2 pair of Eastern Bluebirds (nesting in birdhouses)
10 Northern flickers
several Downey Woodpeckers
Red-bellied Woodpeckers
Hairy Woodpeckers
Black-capped Chickadees
Tufted Titmouses (or is it Titmice lol) (I love those little guys)
Nuthatches
Dark-eyed Juncos
Tons of American Goldfinches
Tons of American Robins
many finches and sparrows
NO Hummers yet :(

We're still waiting on the Summer Tanagers and Scarlet Tanagers (my personal favorite besides the Bluebirds nesting here)

Nice to meet you all!
Kevin

Kevin

On behalf of the entire forum Moderators make I take this opportunity to give you a warm welcome to this friendly forum. If there are any questions you feel like asking then please ask away as there are plenty of people in this forum only too willing to share their knowledge.

We have enough knowledge in this forum to cover virtually any subject on birding / photography plus many other subjects.

Take a good look at the gallery (if you haven't done so already) and you will be amazed at the quality of most of the images contained in there.

I must admit that you seem to have found the property of your dreams, judging by what you have visiting you, birdwise. Do you live in the country or in an urban area? I would hope that from time to time you can get some photos of your visitors. Actually I would like to see a photograph of your home, it sounds wionderful.

Finally, I speak for everyone I would think, we are looking forward to the many birding day out reports you can put into the forum and also any photos you can put into the gallery.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the fastest growing bird forum in the world.

Wow, what a veritable banquet of bird species you have on your doorstep. Sounds like a dream home!

Welcome to a Forum to blow your socks off, Kevin!:t:

Are you near Springfield or Peoria. I've birded the Springfield area when my aunt lived there and was still alive. Great areas. Enjoy the form. Van

Hi Kevin- Welcome to BF, sounds like a great place for birding, right from your window!

You will be amazed at the time you spend at this site. Where are you located? I was in West Chicago back in the 70's and enjoyed my birding there on weekends.

Enjoy !!! bob

Hi welcome Kevin , what a great oportunity to live in such a beatiful area like this ....i wish i could do so soon but in Egypt.
I'm a new member too so hope we'll receive more posts from you about birds .

Hello, Kevin! I feel like we're relatively near neighbors, as I'm in NE Indiana. May I ask where in Illinois you are located?

You have a great variety of yard birds -- by contrast, my feeders have been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks -- but I have a couple pairs of Cardinals (also Indiana's state bird) and one pair of Downy Woodpeckers keeping me company.

Hope see more news about your part of the midwest, and know you'll enjoy the forum. There's a great bunch of birdfolk from all over the world here!

Hi, We're located in Vermilion County near Danville Illinois. Thats very close to the Indiana border. We're within 3 miles of Kickapoo state park. We're surrounded by woods with the nearest public road about 1/3 mile away. I'll be updating my web page soon.

We bought ourselves a 4 megapixel HP850 with 8x zoom last fall and we're anxious to get outside with it.

Thanks for the welcome,
Kevin

Oh, Kevin! I can't remember the name of the place right now (middle-aged menopausal moment) but you can't be far from a refuge where the endangered Prairie Chicken can be found!! Have always wanted to visit there.

I know the Sassafras Audubon chapter from Lafayette usually does a field trip there in spring to see them on the lek.

Have you ever been there?

Kevin that's a pretty impressive front yard total. What can you see in your back yard?!!!!!

Welcome to BF.

Kevin - hi and welcome to birdforum - great place to learn, share and enjoy. Your bird visitors sound great - are they just checking you out ?!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back