• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From the Beautiful Hills of East Tennessee... (1 Viewer)

sm4him

I don't know why I didn't think to look for a Birders' Forum before, but I'm glad to be here.

I am not really a "birder," I'm a Bird Photographer. Photography is really my hobby and passion and a little over a year ago, I somehow got myself completely hooked on bird photography. I am absolutely loving the challenge of getting decent pictures of birds, watching them and learning more about them.

I am, I would say, a better-than-average photographer (I'm somewhere between a serious hobbyist and a professional; I've sold some things here and there, but don't really care to MAKE it a profession). But when it comes to bird identification--I'm terrible!!

I'm learning, slowly but surely. Mostly slowly. LOL.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about birds others have spotted and photographed, learning something more about identifying some of the bird types that are hardest for me, and sharing MY photos with you all, as well as hopefully finding a few good spots in my area that I haven't already discovered.

Hi sm4him and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I'll definitely be sharing some photos in the galleries and some of my birding adventures, as soon as I get a feel for the "lay of the land" around here.

Hi Sharon ,Good to see you over here too !

Hey, Clyde! I wondered if any other TPFers were over here. I don't know WHY I didn't think to join a birder's forum before!

Hello, just wanted to add one more warm welcome to the forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back