• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby Robin needs help (1 Viewer)

Yagro

Hello all! I need Help!! I'm here because I have an urgent question for the forum.
I have a family of 4 baby Robin's living on my property growing up in a nest that looks to be not very big.
This morning I noticed one had fallen out, so I put it back. All was well and then tonight I noticed one had fallen out again.
There is another abandoned nest 12 inches from the one in use that a previous mother raised her babies in, and it's better built, and has larger sides.
I'm considering moving all 4 babies to the larger nest, and stuffing it where the existing one is. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether this is advisable or not? The current nest is too crowded, and the babies are still small, with sprouting feathers, but mostly skin, and eyes closed still.
Also, the mother is present. She was in the nest when I found the baby that fell this morning, and was 10 feet away watching me (or more likely the baby) when I found the one that fell this evening.

Hi Yagro and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

No, please, please do not interfere with this nest, you risk the lives of all the babies as the parents are very likely to abandon them if you disturb them in any way at all.

Hard though it is to observe, just let them get on with it themselves.

Hi Yagro and welcome aboard :t:

As Delia stated, please do not interfere with the nest at all. Let nature takes it course.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is hard to just watch, but it is also the best for the birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back