• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (3 Viewers)

Absolutely gorgeous Clive :t: You've perfectly captured the softnmess of the bird's plumage and the hardness of the gravestone :king:

How long did this pic take?

Hi Clive,

I'm newly active on the forum, and just went through your work here - outstanding! The Barn Owl is incredible.

quite great drawings

friendly greetings Gaby

thankyou very much gaby,nice to meet you here.

hi gill and thankyou.The beauty of graphite is in it's inate ability to capture perfectly textures and mood,thats why i love it's challenge.the drawing took about 30 hours all in all,it just seemed longer because i was struggling to get time in the studio after foolishly organising 3 concurrent shows which left me running around like the headless proverbial!
so many new faces here since i last posted i really must have a good root through all the threads here,been terrible at keeping up of late

good grief i hadn't realised i'd been away so long! been busy putting a lot of irons in a lot of fires in a blatant attempt to make a quid or two,suffice to say i shan't be hanging up my pencils anytime soon.
ive had a show of my bird works on display at Titchfield haven nature reserve for the past couple of months and its finally coming to a close on 23rd of this month,but my presence will remain in the guise of my new range of greetings cards(one of the many irons).
i havn't had the pleasure of creating any bird works since my barn owl of several months ago as ive been occupied with commissioned work(mainly pampered mutts,but needs must) and am now producing animal works for my publisher for next years print shows.i do hope i wont offend anyone if i post my latest image of a sumatran tiger if for no other reason than to prove i havnt fallen off the edge of the planet!
until i can get back to some bird works i'm going to have to feed my birding art urges with a copy of mr wootton's masterpiece when published and weekend trips to the Haven.

Attachments

• 005 (Small).JPG
    005 (Small).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 65
cheers mark,i kept meaning to metaphorically 'show my face',i dont know about you but when i get immersed in a project everything else gets pushed to one side,dont think the old brain can do multi-tasking but even though it looks unlikely that i'll get any bird work done anytime soon i'll try and keep dipping into the forum here to see the great art going on.

Clive,

Welcome back!

A superb piece of Wildlife Art, on the Wildlife Art section of BF!

Hope it all goes well for you in your many endeavours. I was born in a Tiger Year, so I'm bound to like it!

But this has DUENDE!

Monumental creation!

after what seems like an eternity spent drawing various much loved mutts in order to keep the folding stuff flowing ive finished my last(and by far most interesting)commissioned piece.it's actually a re-working of a previous drawing called winter barn owl(imaginative i know but i never said i was a literary genius).my clients had much admired the original piece particularly the owls posture and so i was commissioned to produce a similar version.this is the result and this time i had some fun introducing lots of different textures

Attachments

• wow1 001 (Medium).JPG
    wow1 001 (Medium).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back