• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2017 (4 Viewers)

Thanks, Dan.

I'm off to the Philippines next week - I'll give it another try when I return.

Enforced day at home today - back after abandoning my car in the snow this am.! There's only so far a snow shovel can get you!

Have fun ... just don't keep a garden list whilst out there. ;)

Although our new home is 100metres lower in altitude than our previous place, it's nearer some quite hefty mountains, over which a Griffon Vulture was reported yesterday. So I set up the 'scope after lunch, no vulture so far, but two other local mountain residents spotted enjoying the spring-like conditions. Unfortunately the first paragliders have appeared today too.

38 Song Thrush
39 Willow Tit
40 Lammergeier
41 Golden Eagle

Early for the first Song Thrush, the past 8 years the first one has been between 3rd and 12th March

Although our new home is 100metres lower in altitude than our previous place, it's nearer some quite hefty mountains, over which a Griffon Vulture was reported yesterday. So I set up the 'scope after lunch, no vulture so far, but two other local mountain residents spotted enjoying the spring-like conditions. Unfortunately the first paragliders have appeared today too.

38 Song Thrush
39 Willow Tit
40 Lammergeier
41 Golden Eagle

Early for the first Song Thrush, the past 8 years the first one has been between 3rd and 12th March[/QUOTE

You are seeing some fantastic birds at your new home.
I 've seen Griffon Vulture from here but not for some years. Have seen Lammergeier and a Golden Eagle both some years ago several times up right near the border Col du Portalet.
But have a Song Thrush in garden for most of the year, every year! See every day including today .
Another lovely day I sat in garden for over three hours !

Last edited:
All too technical for me - anyway, this crazy weather means I can't put off starting to dig over our future veg garden anymore, it's mid-February for heaven's sake, I should be looking for divers and rare ducks on the nearby Swiss lakes. Where was I? ...........
Ah yes, whilst digging up oodles of nettle roots etc I heard the alarm calls of some crows and sure enough, perched out on a bare branch beneath the panicking corvids a nice sunbathing

42 Goshawk

A nice reward for all that effort :t:.
Now, where's that Griffon Vulture someone reported? .....................

Wow, Richard. What a bird!

Can't compete with that, but just had a much bigger bird cruising the valley like a bomber...

55: Canada Goose.

That's probably all from me until post-Philippines

Haha! At last, garden waxwings photo :t:

And fortunately, they managed to avoid species 20 in the list...

20. Sparrowhawk

Spring is in the air....ladeda dedede dum!

Plenty of activity in the garden over the last week with fighting, singing and smooching all in full swing :)

Anyways, the list has moved on:

21. Collared dove
22. Bullfinch
23. Great spotted woodpecker (over)
24. Skylark (singing above the neighbouring fields, possibly my last year for them, as there will be a housing estate there next year :-C)
25. Long-tailed tit

Spring is in the air....ladeda dedede dum!

Plenty of activity in the garden over the last week with fighting, singing and smooching all in full swing :)

Never mind your personal life Lazza, just stick to telling us about the birds;)

Very jealous of all of you with Waxwings btw.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to start my list by adding a couple of pics.

1. Red-cheeked Cordon-bleu
2. Southern Red Bishop
3. Lesser Masked Weaver

Attachments

• DSC_7011.JPG
    DSC_7011.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_7333.JPG
    DSC_7333.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Still pretty slow in the garden, fortunately the sea has been particularly good this year so far.

55 Lapwing
56 Kestrel
57 Long-tailed Tit
58 Linnet
59 Sanderling
60 Chaffinch
61 Snow Bunting
62 Little Gull
63 Sparrowhawk
64 Red-breasted Merganser
65 Kittiwake
66 Greylag Goose
67 Shag
68 White-fronted Goose
69 Pochard
70 Barnacle Goose
71 Great Skua
72 Little Auk
73 Red-necked Grebe
74 Slavonian Grebe
75 Skylark

Two collared doves front garden tree today sun very bright sky very blue

Always have a couple of collared doves in the garden all year around .

Attachments

• 18 -2-2017 025.jpg
    18 -2-2017 025.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 56
A few visitors this morning.

4. Red-billed Firefinch
5. Long-crested Eagle
6. Laughing Dove
7. Common Bulbul
8. Variable Sunbird
9. Lesser Striped-Swallow
10. Speckled Mousebird

Attachments

• DSC_2616.JPG
    DSC_2616.JPG
    702.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_6188.jpg
    DSC_6188.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_8781.JPG
    DSC_8781.JPG
    656 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_6266.jpg
    DSC_6266.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_4815.JPG
    DSC_4815.JPG
    366.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back