View Single Post
Old Friday 27th September 2019, 09:06   #710
Nohatch
Mad scientist

@Litebeam, a few comments on your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeam View Post
This kid is being exploited and it will harm her in the long run. It's obvious she's already injured.
How is it obvious she is already "injured" - please explain?

Quote:
Polling has repeatedly shown that in our country AGW hasn't been perceived as an existential threat.
Technically incorrect as you're ignoring the partisan split so pervasive in the US. Polls show that around a third of the US population agrees with your statement, a third thinks the opposite, and a further third is undecided on the level of the threat. Happy to provide the link.

Quote:
So what do the Progs do? They exploit a child in the hopes that it will incite millennials and the public. Billionaire George Soros and his Tides foundation is likely behind it all.
Show me a shred of evidence and I'll humour the idea :)
P.S. not disagreeing that there aren't plenty of politicians/celebrities jumping on the bandwagon for their own selfish reasons, there always are and always will be.

Quote:
We have no control of what happens to our climate and many here are fools for believing we do.
Again that is demonstrably incorrect. I was encouraged you read the papers on Greenland in the parallel thread, and drew some conclusions from them. Your 'revelation' that climate is never stable, and we've had warm and cold periods throughout Earth's history, brings you up to speed with scientific mainstream in the 1920s (Koppen, Wegener, Milankovitch). To continue that line of reasoning, please answer this basic question: what is the primary mechanism by which heat (derived from the sun) is retained in the atmosphere, instead of just radiating back into space?

Quote:
This isn't to say that good stewardship re. our environment isn't paramount, many of us believe and LIVE this, not just spout it.
I think we're all agreed on that, and hopefully make positive contributions where we can. But then surely Ms Thunberg's core message to tread more lightly and halt the sixth mass extinction should resonate with you? As well as her efforts not to be a hypocrite (an accusation easily leveled at wealthy liberals a la Obama, Gore etc)? I'm genuinely puzzled.

J

Last edited by Nohatch : Friday 27th September 2019 at 09:36.