• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull ID in Pennsylvania, US - February (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Shank

Can you ID these Gulls for me?

They were flying over a landfill in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA. Taken in February.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 47
More Gull Pictures

Here are a few more pictures... I think they are all the same kind of Gull.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
all but pic 6 are ring-billed gulls, 6 is a herring gull.

Lou, it is very difficult to be sure with distant photographs like these, but I suspect that pic 6 shows a Ring-billed Gull too, even though it is heavily marked on head and breast. Among other characters, the primary pattern looks very odd for American Herring Gull. For instance, the amount of black on p6-7 appears too limited for this species.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back