• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where’s birdie? (1 Viewer)

Julie50

Mostly in the Midlands :)
Supporter
United Kingdom
Slightly board with the terrible photo thread.
So thought I’d try something akin to where’s Wally!

Can you find the barn owl?

Attachments

• 9C86DF9A-B644-4E5B-AE90-C324BC6A1662.jpeg
    9C86DF9A-B644-4E5B-AE90-C324BC6A1662.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 113
Julie its right at the far side, flying past the tree with the hemispherical canopy and probably flying from left to right.

Owzat?

Lee

Ohhhhh. There were two!

This was not the Barnie I was looking for :)

There is another................

Unless we are looking at the same thing?

By “right at the far side” I thought you meant to the far right of the picture?

It was also perched not flying?

Unless we are looking at the same thing?

By “right at the far side” I thought you meant to the far right of the picture?

It was also perched not flying?

Hi Julie

No not at the right hand side. Look straight across the centre of the water to the skyline made by the tree tops, then go left a short way until you meet a tree canopy that is semi-circular. Its the biggest tree canopy in the pic so you can't miss it. Underneath it, against the dark shadow line and somewhat to the right is a brilliant white shape, which I fancifully throught might be one of the many Barn Owls present on that day.

Lee

At very slightly more than 2/3 across to the right, in the middle of the tree lines, under a small roundish canopy, is something greyish-white that could be an owl with outstretched wings. But the picture is so badly artefacted that it could be anything at all.

Edit: And what is that bright streak next to the leftmost cow's head?

Last edited:
Hi

Troubador you have the barn owl indeed. They are showing very weekend evening when we go now - what a special bird!

Dalethorn that is the cow’s horn - they are Arnold breed :)

Hi

Troubador you have the barn owl indeed. They are showing very weekend evening when we go now - what a special bird!

Dalethorn that is the cow’s horn - they are Arnold breed :)

Julie
Barn Owls are just gorgeous and in a couple of days we are heading for Islay where we have good chances of evening views of them. Can't call them Barnies on Islay though as on that island this name refers to the tens of thousands of wintering Barnacle Geese.

Cheers Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back