• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mike's conservatory (2 Viewers)

It's a Woody windfall! Cheers both.

Mike

It's an assault on the goggles, mate - just unfair to a) post so much fieldwork and for b) it to be of such a consistently high quality, whilst c) dropping in just one or two of the finest pieces of work posted this year . . . anywhere. Marvellous series - quite wonderful.

Sounds like a wonderful time with the birds (and others), and so nice to see how much you caught in your sketches. I just love the yellow-vented bulbul (5th set)! They pygmy woodpecker looks good too, and so many nice kingfisher sketches - they have such lovely ones in that area, don't they? The last bee-eaters are also very nice for catching their character I think.

Thanks all.

Back to the UK wildlife for a bit. Here's the latest two.

Stonechats are usually pretty obvious at Elmley this time of year and it's always good to see them flitting along in the reeds ahead of you. This one is from a couple of weeks back.

Last weekend we had some sunshine and calm for birding. As Autumn progresses it lives up to the old saying about 'mists and mellow fruitfulness'. The cattle that graze Elmley help to ensure that there's usually a good crop of field mushrooms, big, fat and delicious looking ones! Personally, even though I'm pretty certain of the 'shrooms' identity, I've never been brave enough to risk it, just in case! Lapwing and field mushrooms.

Mike

Attachments

• stonechat.jpg
    stonechat.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 118
  • lappyshrooms.jpg
    lappyshrooms.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 119
Both are Fandabbydozy but I have a preference for the Lappy amongst mushrooms:t:

Fandadbbydozy alright. My preference is for the first I think due to the variation in detail with parts of the painting in higher focus than others. That's something I particularly like in paintings and you've done a great job. Now if I could just figure out how to do that!

just in for an admire

November seems to inspire you to get out, just when many birders are packing up after the autumn and waiting for winter proper to arrive

especially great kingfisher images I thought as I browsed: really strong beast look

There certainly is something in the air with you at the moment Mike - the lapwing is brilliant and I absolutely adore the treatment of the stonechat.

Cheers all.

The DIY and general assault on home cleaning, tidying etc as organised by my 'time management team' is slowing down now so it's back to painting for me.

Mike

Wow Mike - totally agree with Tim's comments - but oh what a wonderful assault it is...absolutely stunning! Love seeing the progression of the work too.

apologies for having loved these without commenting - the stonechat compelled me to go and paint before I had commented.

Time is getting used up by various Christmas projects at the moment but I've managed to sneak in this little reminder of Summer.

Mike

Attachments

• egress_web.jpg
    egress_web.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 95
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back