• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Calendar Birds (1 Viewer)

rkj

I have been enjoying the beautiful pictures in my 2016 Audubon page-a-day calendar, but I am a little disturbed that one and maybe two of the first eight birds are misidentified. The bird labeled "Snow Goose" I think is actually a white domestic goose. The bird labeled "Great Blue Heron" looks like it might be a Grey Heron. No information is given as to where or when the photos were taken, but birds from around the world are included. Anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• SnowGoose.jpg
    SnowGoose.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 114
  • GreatBlueHeron.jpg
    GreatBlueHeron.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 167
Being a long-time Audubon supporter, I was quite appalled to see this. I emailed their licensing and marketing department, and received a fairly quick reply. They said that all entries were reviewed by one of their "bird experts", but they were forwarding these entries to him and would keep me posted as to what they say. With a quick glance I can understand the Heron mistake, and indeed I don't know if i would have caught it, but the Goose??? That's terrible.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back