• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Berchtesgaden, Bavaria (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

I'm going to be visiting this area soon. It'll be a pretty laid back trip but if anyone has any sites around there - particularly for orchids, butterflies or Odonata, but also birds - I' d love to hear from you.

Regards

Steve

I'm going to be visiting this area soon. It'll be a pretty laid back trip but if anyone has any sites around there - particularly for orchids, butterflies or Odonata, but also birds - I' d love to hear from you.

Regards

Steve

I believe there's a well known Eagle's Nest ;)

John

Down in the link are some information

http://www.birdinggermany.de/bavarianwoodpeckers.htm

Orchids I do not know in this area. Alpine Orchids you will found from 1.600 to 1.700 m and higher.
Good place is Geigelstein, but 70 - 80 km away from Berchtesgarden.

Orchids you can find in the meadows of Chiemsee, e.g. at Tiroler Ache
Hirschauer Bucht 1, 83355 Grabenstätt

Lady Slippery Orchid I expect from next weekend for 2 maybe 3 weeks south of Munich.

Down in the link are some information

http://www.birdinggermany.de/bavarianwoodpeckers.htm

Orchids I do not know in this area. Alpine Orchids you will found from 1.600 to 1.700 m and higher.
Good place is Geigelstein, but 70 - 80 km away from Berchtesgarden.

Orchids you can find in the meadows of Chiemsee, e.g. at Tiroler Ache
Hirschauer Bucht 1, 83355 Grabenstätt

Lady Slippery Orchid I expect from next weekend for 2 maybe 3 weeks south of Munich.

Thanks

Hirschauer Bucht, Grabenstätt you will have good chance for Rosefinch.
Drive to restaurant of Hirschauer Bucht.
Go back to bridge over channel.
Park yor car there.
Follow the channel to south.
Next turn to left hand side almost to the end of way.
There I had Rosefinch different times.
Check ornitho.de

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back