• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

Just beautiful Arthur! Perhaps it's just as well it's not a tapestry. I don't think tapestry has ever seen such glowing colors before. This would set it off in a completely new direction! Beautiful colors. Beautiful and creative design. I think one of your best.

superb how you've hidden the bird in full view - he's right there, but the zingy colours and patterns really make him part and parcel of the background - very, very well done! Very strong design and colours.

Just goes to show, you dont need to slap on lots of lipstick to be beautiful...

A very beautiful painting it is too. Love the clever use of colour and design, a full frame bird that blends in perfectly with it's surroundings, just as they do in life. A top piece of work this....

Thankyou all . Im'e getting to grips with Gouache now.

Some sketches from last week .
A nice early walk from Weybourne to kelling Beach and this fellow hunting from the fence posts a half an hour of pure joy.

Cock Pheasant warming himsef in the morning sun.

Attachments

• L1200420.jpg
    L1200420.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 38
  • L1200423.jpg
    L1200423.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 34
  • L1200425.jpg
    L1200425.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 36
  • L1200427.jpg
    L1200427.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 52
  • L1200430.jpg
    L1200430.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 51
oooh, if these barnies are in chronological order, you can see how the drawings become much more familiar with the time spent drawing (not saying the first page is bad, because it's superb, but it's clear there is excitement and fumbling there) it's just the last page is phenomenally fluid and confident.

Nice to see another bird peeping out behind a post, we should really start a thread of birds peeping round posts!

Now, onto one of the finest bits of art so far this year - sundrenched pheasant - a fascinating shape, and a totally unfussy, pleasure of a piece of painting as is possible!

very nice Arthur,

I especially like your lines in the thrid picture along. Nice and sure but still demonstrating the softness of plumage.

oooh, if these barnies are in chronological order, you can see how the drawings become much more familiar with the time spent drawing (not saying the first page is bad, because it's superb, but it's clear there is excitement and fumbling there) it's just the last page is phenomenally fluid and confident.

Now, onto one of the finest bits of art so far this year - sundrenched pheasant - a fascinating shape, and a totally unfussy, pleasure of a piece of painting as is possible!
yes this says it all

Working a sketch up water colour

+ DIF. LIGHT

Attachments

• L1200438.jpg
    L1200438.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 43
  • L1200441.jpg
    L1200441.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 30
  • L1200444.jpg
    L1200444.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
coming on very nicely Arthur, if I may, just be careful of the wire in the fence, unless you put a collar on the bird! You certainyl are making the most of your audience with the tyto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back