• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Outer Hebrides (1 Viewer)

Seamoor

We have just spent over three weeks in the Outer Hebrides. Here is a list of most of the birds we seen.

Golden Eagle
Sea (White tailed) Eagle
Short Eared Owls
Corncrake
Northern Diver
Eider Ducks
Hen Harriers
Ringed Kneck Plover
Golden Plover
Cuckoo
Wheat ear
Guillamot
Shags
Lap Wings
Sky larks (sitting on eggs)
Stone chat
Hooded Crow
Black Headed Gulls
Tufted duck
Skewers Artic and Great
Arctic Turn
Swallows
Purple Sandpiper
Red Throated Diver
Long Tailed Ducks
Red Breasted Merganser
Turn stones
Black tailed Godwit
Whimbrel
Curlew
Brent Geese
Oyster Catchers

And Many more also we saw Otters on two seperate occasions. Which as we have been going there for the last four years and never seen one
This has been our best year and we managed to photograph all of them.

Most of the birds were on The Uists.:t::t:

There seems to have been several people from Devon on North Uist over the past few weeks. Apart from jmy wife and me I know two other couples that were there. We got back yesterday. Did you see the Snowy Owl?. We missed the fantastic Skua passage on 13 and 14 May as we were still on Lewis. Five hundred plus Long-tailed and six hundred plus Poms. Roger

There seems to have been several people from Devon on North Uist over the past few weeks. Apart from jmy wife and me I know two other couples that were there. We got back yesterday. Did you see the Snowy Owl?. We missed the fantastic Skua passage on 13 and 14 May as we were still on Lewis. Five hundred plus Long-tailed and six hundred plus Poms. Roger

Hi we missed the snowy owl.

What is a surprise to me is the two replies we have had are fromm wales and Devon.

We are going to wales soon, as our daughter lives North Wales and she is a volunteer for the National Coastguard Institute and from their watch on Angelsey They have Raven and Perigrin nesting close by.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back