• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which camcorder? (1 Viewer)

TJWalsh

Hi :hi:
Im just getting started in wildlife photography/filming and I have roughly £1500 to spend, and that can be stretched a little bit. I would say a max of £1750 including added equipment like tripods.
Ive been searching around and seen a lot of the the small handheld camcorders for around £700 and I want to know if they could compare on picture quality and zoom to a more proffesional camcorder like a Panasonic HMC or something like that? :brains:
And if you have any recommendations for me it would be great. :)
Sorry if i havent used technical terms, as i said before, im new at this :)
Thanks |:d|

Im just getting started in wildlife photography/filming and I have roughly £1500 to spend, and that can be stretched a little bit. I would say a max of £1750 including added equipment like tripods.
Ive been searching around and seen a lot of the the small handheld camcorders for around £700 and I want to know if they could compare on picture quality and zoom to a more proffesional camcorder like a Panasonic HMC or something like that? :brains:
Got the Panasonic HS900 at the beginning of this year, thats the one with 3mos and a built in memory of 220gb.

Having had tape camcorders and other hard disk camcorders this one so far is the bees knees. Even the stills photos function gives quality.

Didn't need to take my normal 'bridge' camera recently to Namibia. Just the camcorder. 50/50 video and photos. It has it's faults but what doesn't. To me they are minor. I've not tried the 3D attachment yet and the telephoto lens was a diappointment so cannot get any better than x 12 optical xoom for photos but can get to x 20 optical zoom on the video.

Hi,buddy,just curious to know if you have got yourself a camcorder yet? i live at Bear Cross.if you want a chat. Regards, Kelvin.D.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back