• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (8 Viewers)

Thankyou All
A lovely sunny day at Titchwell today. Water Rails not taking any notice of you. chiffchaffs everywhere. A Kestrel that stayed over me for ages

Attachments

• L1200354.jpg
    L1200354.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 54
  • L1200357.jpg
    L1200357.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 48
  • L1200361.jpg
    L1200361.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 44
  • L1200367.jpg
    L1200367.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 48
what a great day - water rails fabulous - with that unmistakeable 'Jim Henson' face. The chiffys are a delight, the beady eye being all that's needed to see what it is.

Hi there,

Been a while and I have missed out. Snow Bunting blizard is just great Arthur, jumping with life. A lot of work in there too, you have my admiration for that.

Latest sketches ar fab, Chiffchaff and Rails are exciting, but it was that group of roosting Avocets that really did it for me, just lovely. Have not seen one in years, have fond memories of a group of 6 turning up in Dublin on my patch many eons ago, spent a week drawing them. Along with Shelduck I think they are among the most interesting of all birds to draw...

This snowflakes painting goes right to the top of the leader board - an absolute triumph. And, following hot on its heels comes this superb series of field drawings. Really well observed sketches (big shout for the l-t-t especially).

Looks like you had a great day. The avo's all lined up is a definite candidate for working up into a full blown pile of peacefulness. It would be the perfect counterfoil to the bundle of busy buntings!

Mike

Fabulous drawings Arthur. And a great counterpoint to the finished buntings. I always find it exciting to see finished paintings followed by the work from life that is always the underpinning of paintings. I'm starting to get a feel for chiffchaffs. I don't recall well what Jim Henson looked like but Nick has forced me to take a detour sometime today and find out!

Grand Water Rail sketches.

I did check for rails in the Muppets and can confirm that there is one referred to in "Muppets at Sea" (should ideally have been Muppets in the Marsh)

"Lew Zealand leans over the rail and looks for a new boomerang fish."

Attachments

• L1200376.jpg
    L1200376.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
your work is amazing and distinctive Arthur, in another time you would have been a perfect artist for the Golbein Tapestry factory, whose designs were done by the leading artists of the time ( French Louies era) They are so rich in texture and design. This one is quite one of my favorites

Nice sketching out in the early stages!

Nice seeing the Wodnik (Polish: "Vod-neek") develop!

EDIT: But because of the noise they make? Maybe "Phraglets" would be a better monniker?

A combination of "Phragmites" and "Piglets" ?

I've often heard a piglet being roughed up in the reeds!

I guess it were just a "Lippygonz"?

Keep the good work up!

Then do some more, and POST IT!

Last edited:
Quite right - I don't think there's a more personally distinctive artist on the Forum; in fact, your work is so unmistakably by your hand in much the same way as Mike Warren's or even Ennion's. And Gonzo the Phraglet is up there with the best of them.

'Lippygonz', I like it! Sounds like a legitimate Polish word to me!

The first couple of stages look like a reduction lino print, perhaps you should give it a go? But there's no way you could get the layers of detail that you add by your own fair hand so perhaps not! Loving this Arthur, it's so vibrant.

Mike

'The LippyGonz Tapestry', certainly sounds believable. As Tim says a very distinctive style Arthur and one that I'm looking forward to seeing manifest itself in the Lippygonz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back