• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How long takes Customer Check in LA and San Francisco ? (1 Viewer)

Hello,

how long takes customer procedure in LA and San Francisco for foreigners ?

Best regards
Dieter

I've been thru LA many times and without too many problems. You will have to wait but it depends on how my flights they have had thru. I would reckon on about 40 minutes. After immigration theres USDA so remember no fruit or other fresh produce or else the fruit beagles will sniff you out.

David

I've traveled through SFO many times and LAX a few times with traveling companions on different passports....never been any problems. The biggest problem at SFO is fog......delayed or diverted flights. Very good birds there though!!!!!

Joanne

Hello Joanne and David,

thank You for the informations.
Some people told me they have 4,5 h to change there plan in New York.
Even this long time was not enough for the checks.
But California seems different.
The checks for transfer to Auckland takes also like 30 - 45 minutes.

Best regards
Dieter

Hello Joanne and David,

thank You for the informations.
Some people told me they have 4,5 h to change there plan in New York.
Even this long time was not enough for the checks.
But California seems different.
The checks for transfer to Auckland takes also like 30 - 45 minutes.

Best regards
Dieter

I didn't realize from your original question that you were then flying on to Auckland. I think you'll need more than 45 minutes for transfer time...probably a minimum of 1 hour.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back