• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A.Nisus or A.gentilis NELondon ? (1 Viewer)

Yes i'd agree the latest pic is definitely a turtle or suchlike, and i hope it didn't come to any harm. The original pic in post #1 is a female Sprawk. And as has been well put by others, on a decent view the 2 species are generally readily separable, by bulk and jizz.

Red-necked Terrapin?

Would be a good comparison, almost a flying contortionist!....not only that, but also managing to compact itself to the point of looking smaller than the accompanying Corvid, when it's actually somewhat bigger than. :eek!:

Another point that I missed (just as well I didn't take up Birding), on the 2nd image original pics, assuming of course that it's not a pixel aberration!....when enlarged! it appears to be wearing a set of size 10's. :eek!:

Cheers

Attachments

• P1870344.jpeg   Instructive 7..jpg
    P1870344.jpeg Instructive 7..jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 74
  • P2090784.jpeg  Weds Accip.1..jpeg
    P2090784.jpeg Weds Accip.1..jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 69
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back