View Single Post
Old Saturday 27th April 2019, 21:31   #33
Swissboy
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore Girl View Post
My future and final binocular purchase may be a 8x32 once I find 42mm to be too heavy when I'm older. I'm ok now with the weight but someday I may want to use 42mm much less and go with a top 8x32 to take over as main binocular. It will most likely be EL
SV 8x32. That's the one I have in mind IF I can even afford it down the road. If not, I'm ok
with the 2 wonderful binos I already have.
Looks like you plan along similar lines as I have done. I also need to wear eyeglasses when looking through binoculars. And I have also been planning ahead for what to use as one gets older. I'm now at that stage where I plan to actually buy the model I have had in mind for at least the last six or so years. Except, in my case it was not a Swarovski model but the Zeiss FL. Now that things get to the state of being realized, I have nevertheless gone through a verification process. In particular also because I felt a 10x model would complement my 8x one much better. But I can't hold a 10x steady over a longer observation time. I have also checked the Swarovskis again, but again felt irritated by the flat-field distortion (rollerball) when scanning.
!

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation