View Single Post
Old Thursday 16th May 2019, 18:29   #28
Original PaulE

A Tern for the Worse

Day 9 Sunday 5th of May

Well with a north westerly wind forecast the plan was up at dawn and hit Aird an Runair for a bit of seawatching with Skuas in mind, unfortunately I have a bit of an IBS flare up , I am never eating Haggis again, get no sleep and consequently don’t get to Balranoid til 10.30 only 5 hours late!! Margie and I walk round the reserve, the wind is North Westerly and blooming cold I give it an hour Seawatch a few Gannets go through and there are loads of Arctic Terns over the sea, plenty on the reserve as well displaying with fish in their bills!! No Skuas although apparently 3 had gone through earlier. Plenty of the usual birds, Whimbrel, Ringos, Eider, Oystercatchers, Wheatears, Pied Wags etc on the way out we stop at the “The Dunes” sandwich van where I try to fix my stomach with a Bacon Roll and a large slice of Victoria Sandwich, think it worked.
We drive back via the Committee road and the Hen Harriers perform well again , we return home to rest my aching stomach but manage a couple of shots of our local Common Gulls.

Bit cloudy today making pics difficult especially annoying with the cracking Great Northern Diver in pretty much full summer plumage just of shore!! Still I done me best.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6356FB...56FB2BA7828F28

Cheers