• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So I got a Pentax K10D... (1 Viewer)

I have a K10d too, and love it for the in-body Shake Reduction, the build quality, the ergonomics and the feel of it.

I don't like the noise at higher ISO's - although I bought mine when they first came out and it was acceptable then, but things have moved on. I also don't like the lack of Pentax lenses or the AF speed - although I understand it is quicker on some lenses than others.

I am toying with the idea of swapping to Nikon before I buy any more lenses for the faster AF, but whenever I look it always seems like I'd be losing all the things I like about the Pentax, and a few hundred pounds, just to get faster AF and better low light performance.

I paid £700 for mine and I'm keeping it - no wonder you're chuffed to have got one for £269!

me to on the k10d,
But i came from film, And the things this Camera can do are simply amazing. I know it comes up short when it's compared to other/ newer models in the ISO race but I can do things with this camera and my tammy 35-75 F2 and my lightroom program, that I couldn't even dream about 15 yrs ago. So it's not the latest greatest deal but does it make me happy? You bet, in spades, could it be the last camera I ever buy. YUP if it lasts. Denis

I have a K10d too, and love it for the in-body Shake Reduction, the build quality, the ergonomics and the feel of it.

I am toying with the idea of swapping to Nikon before I buy any more lenses for the faster AF, but whenever I look it always seems like I'd be losing all the things I like about the Pentax, and a few hundred pounds, just to get faster AF and better low light performance.

I too toyed with this idea, but came quickly to my senses. I bought the K-7 instead and kept all of my lenses, flashguns, extension tubes etc. Nikon lenses will cost more because of the IS built into them.

The K-7 is a very different animal, the auto focus is faster and the high ISO performance is very very good. It is also a sensible price, so why change makes? The grass always looks greener on the other side of the hill......until you get there.

I've got the K20D!.....A superb bit of kit when matched with the DA*300mm...sharp as sharp can be!. I also have a Pentax 1.7 converter,which gives me 500mm give or take a few,with no great effect on image quality!......I'm a "Happy bunny!"

I've got the K20D!.....A superb bit of kit when matched with the DA*300mm...sharp as sharp can be!. I also have a Pentax 1.7 converter,which gives me 500mm give or take a few,with no great effect on image quality!......I'm a "Happy bunny!"

I agree, K20D and DA* 300mm lovely combination.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back