• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bringing binoculars into Saudi Arabia. (1 Viewer)

Jens Thalund

With (electronic) tourist visas now being issued to a long list of nationalities, a trip to the SW mountains seems like a very interesting idea, with Yemen currently being out of bounds. There are a few very interesting trip reports on cloudbirders by expats working and living in Saudi Arabia.
Does anyone know, if there are restrictions on bringing in binoculars and/or scopes like in Algeria, and sometimes Egypt?

cheers

Jens

I traveled to Saudi last year (for work) and wondered about this myself for a long time before my trip. In the end, I followed the UK Government advice (on the FCO website) which - at that time - advised against taking binoculars which could be confiscated.

Even without bins and with a focus on work and visits only to big cities, I managed some nice species while I was there :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back