• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (1 Viewer)

Circa 20+Redpolls outback...1st for the year, and two entered the garden briefly, but didn't land on the feeders!
Rain forecast tomorrow, normally increases activity :eek!:...fingers x'd.

At last, a Redpoll :t: only a single bird but it did briefly come to the feeders.

Hi all, not had time to come on here recently.

I've also not had a garden Siskin this year, although 5 Redpolls yesterday.

I see the British listing is reducing the Redpoll split so my garden list will go down one :(

After much deliberation and analysis an Arctic Redpoll has been confirmed for my garden list!

Attachments

• A._Redpoll_-_short_beak.jpg
    A._Redpoll_-_short_beak.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 172
Thanks guys. It's now confirmed there are 2.

Supporting cast on Tuesday of a Raven, female Brambling, 3 Bullfinches, a dozen or so Lesser Redpolls and a few Siskins.

A Mealy Redpoll on the feeders today, along with various shades of Lesser Redpolls, Siskins, Goldcrest, 2 Bullfinches, LTTs and a GSW over.

Attachments

• Snapshot.png
    Snapshot.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 173
A Mealy Redpoll on the feeders today, along with various shades of Lesser Redpolls, Siskins, Goldcrest, 2 Bullfinches, LTTs and a GSW over.

Envious of your Redpolls Bongo!....for the first year in 5....no feeder visits this Winter for me! although I've seen a flock (c40) ''bouncing'' beauties along forest edge twice in the interim, Siskins and Goldies...but not the former.:-C

Had a flock of Lesser Goldfinches (~20) and about a half dozen House Finches in the backyard today. Many times I'm able to sneak into the yard with my camera and grab a few photos, but today they've been so spooky I can't get close to them. I need to save my pennies for a lens with longer reach I guess.

It rained all night and once again I had a bit of a finch feeding frenzy at the feeder this morning. I'm not sure what it is about all night rains that triggers the aggressive morning feeding, but I've seen it enough to expect it now.

Just finished Out of the Wild whilst having a glass of wine in the back gardenB :)

Amazing to see how confident the Siskins are. Must have had circa 10 back and fore to the feeders with a Goldcrest in the conifers. A Raven cronked overhead and a Buzzard flew over. Also had a garden mega in the form of a Starling:eek!:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back