• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

I just had a day fighting the next big scale painting (this is one fight I'm winning this time!) and there you go popping out perfect little gems like this as if it's easy.

Right down to the specks on the water a gorgeous slice of Shapinsay sweetness.

Mike

Hi Tim,

I must say, it really is great to see these latest pieces, starting with the utterly lovely fieldsketches of the Red Necked Phal. For me the Common Sand is a wonderful rendition of a witnessed scene and one you have managed to portray wonderfully. Likewise the Phalarope and Redwing, such wonderful light here, nothing to fastidous in the painting at all, the scene shines through naturally.
Have watched you improve tremendously over the last few years and now feel you have arrived fully. The sketching and draughtmanship were there already, but the lightiing in these recent pieces is enough to tell me of your ability to mix paints. Most of all I would sat it is the move you made to that wonderful part of the world that has truly allowed you express your sense of contact with all things wild.

Hi Tim,

Have watched you improve tremendously over the last few years and now feel you have arrived fully. The sketching and draughtmanship were there already, but the lightiing in these recent pieces is enough to tell me of your ability to mix paints.

I can't begin to comment on what effect your environment might have since I'm so unfamiliar with it. But I have to agree completely with Alan saying that 'you have arrived fully.' Each and every work has that quality these days, someone fully in control of sketching and drawing and also light. For me as well I have to be impressed by your ability to make a finished painting out of some field sketches. That's still a wonder to me, and probably will be for a long time

your last two paintings....complete invitations to "Wootenland".... even if I was there it would not be the same as the inspired and perfect painting you make of what you see....I'd follow you anywhere!

You know, I think its time to change our standard measure of painting quality. We should no longer (or less frequently) say "this is as good as LJ would do" and start saying "your painting is almost as good as a Wootten or TW would do". Don't you all agree???

Sid

Tim ain't half bad at painting is he..?!! :eek!: ;) :t:

ps...my apologies...i've only just had a good look at the phal pic....[those droplet/bubble things on the waters surface really add extra 'zing'].....basically brill......!

pps...and even tho i don't drink a lot of alcohol...i will raise a glass to Mr.Wootton.....B :)

[QUOTE=timwootton Seriously - many thanks folks; really too, too kind. I'm very humbled by these comments from the folk who know their onions . . .[/QUOTE]

Nick, I think he's having a bit of a dig there...;)

[QUOTE=timwootton Seriously - many thanks folks; really too, too kind. I'm very humbled by these comments from the folk who know their onions . . .

Nick, I think he's having a bit of a dig there...;)[/quote]
Ha! - I think Nick is what they call a 'naturalised frog' - I'm sure he doesn't swan around with a stripey jumper and strings of shallots around his handlebars and beret. Do you Nick??? :t:

Nick, I think he's having a bit of a dig there...;)
Ha! - I think Nick is what they call a 'naturalised frog' - I'm sure he doesn't swan around with a stripey jumper and strings of shallots around his handlebars and beret. Do you Nick??? :t:[/QUOTE]

Ha, not quite there yet, but my feet often reek of camembert and brie.

[/quote]

Ha, not quite there yet, but my feet often reek of camembert and brie.[/quote]

If it's based on that I'm becoming a Frenchman too! :eek!:

Mike

Hi Tim took my cem. barnie in to be framed in Holt, Norfolk and there looking at me on the counter was your three Puffin pic. from thread 3456 16th June. Took them half an hour to get it off me .what a treat to have a good close study.

Hi Tim took my cem. barnie in to be framed in Holt, Norfolk and there looking at me on the counter was your three Puffin pic. from thread 3456 16th June. Took them half an hour to get it off me .what a treat to have a good close study.
Ha! Small world eh, Arthur. Was it being re-framed (or have the original purchasers sold it already, I wonder?). If they don't want the original frame, I'll have it back (cost a fortune!) ha ha.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back