• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is Blur (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Where did Blur come from?

Every now and then I get a message pop up asking if I want Blur to save the password. I can't really remember when it started, but I've never accepted the message as I use LastPass to store my passwords.

Now I've received a Security Update email from Blur saying:

We recently discovered that some information about Blur users was potentially exposed, and immediately took steps to investigate, respond, and work to prevent this from happening again.

Full details about the incident including what happened, what information was involved, the steps we are taking, and the steps you can take, are available on our blog.

The blog is a clickable link which I haven't done.

Thanks Mono.

It's not a programme I've downloaded (at least I can't remember ever having done so). I've looked before for "Blur" in my programme list and have just looked again.... but I can't find it.

How can I stop it/get rid of it.

I'm happy enough with LastPass.

It's when a photo doesn't come out well due to bad focus - should mention, I'm an expert on this :t:

Attachments

• Picture 137a.jpg
    Picture 137a.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
Where did Blur come from?

Every now and then I get a message pop up asking if I want Blur to save the password. I can't really remember when it started, but I've never accepted the message as I use LastPass to store my passwords.

Now I've received a Security Update email from Blur saying:

The blog is a clickable link which I haven't done.

I wonder if the message is coming from someone else who just want you to click on that link in order for you to download something bad. Like some messages claiming to come from microsoft that I have seen warnings about.

Niels

I don't really know Niels. It's puzzling how they got my email add when I don't use the programme (and never have).

EDIT: This is the email address: [email protected]

.... it would seem to be genuine?

I don't really know Niels. It's puzzling how they got my email add when I don't use the programme (and never have).

EDIT: This is the email address: [email protected]

.... it would seem to be genuine?

They could easily have used that authentic detail.

I did visit the home page of the company and could not see anything about the hacking problem - but maybe I overlooked something.

I do remember seeing something from the company as an offer that came with another download such as a free antivirus program. Maybe you got registered in their database in a similar way long time ago- and blur does not exist on your current machine?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back