• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stecoah Gap (1 Viewer)

swamper15

Swamper15
I visited Stecoah Gap NC for the first time this spring. It really wasn't as spectacular as I expected from a birding standpoint. I had fair luck, but was expecting much more.

I think the logging vehicles going up and down the trail deterred some of the breeding warblers in the area. Not sure if this area is constantly logged or if it just started this year and I picked the wrong time to go.

Stecoah Gap

I gotta tell you Joe, I have never heard of this place but it looks marvelous. Will have to do some investigating.

I gotta tell you Joe, I have never heard of this place but it looks marvelous. Will have to do some investigating.

KC, glad you liked the article though everything I read about the place implied it would be spectacular for birding. Realize I might not be up to par with my birding skills as some of the authors, but I expected a little more. I still think the logging traffic probably affected my visit.

I have seen your name before.... 'KCFoggin'. Maybe it is from the Carolina Bird Club listserv.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back