• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help identify mysterious blue colored bird (1 Viewer)

WandaAlter

Hello, this is my first post to the group.

I live in Southern NH and last evening saw a pair of blue birds at my feeder that I cannot identify. I've been trying to get a photo of the brighter bird which in the brief glimpses I've gotten of it seems to be all blue. Even in the rain it is a very brilliant color blue. The second bird is much duller with brown. I was able to get this poor shot of it in the rain today (hopefully I've added the picture correctly.) Can anyone tell me what this is? It's the first time I've seen these birds since moving to NH.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 430
Hello there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Yes, this is a male Indigo. They seem to be in abundance this spring so enjoy while you have him ;)

Thank you for the welcome and the information. I moved to New Hampshire from Florida and have just been amazed by the birds I've seen here that I don't recall ever seeing growing up in Connecticut. Perhaps it is because our house backs right to the woods that we see such a variety. One of the first things I did was get books to identify all of these "new" birds I was seeing. This one looked different than in the book. Would this be a young male?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back