• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

For you 6x fans.... (1 Viewer)

FrankD

I just received this in an email from Eagle Optics....

image001.jpg

With these 6x binoculars, you'll enjoy the very steady viewing that makes these binoculars the perfect gift for all ages.

Phase correction for enhanced resolution and contrast
Fully multi-coated optics for maximum brightness
High quality BaK-4 prisms for brightness and edge-to-edge sharpness
Regularly $349.99

Now $159.99! Offer limited to in-stock inventory.

Love the power and the price!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 134
FrankD said:
I just received this in an email from Eagle Optics....

image001.jpg

With these 6x binoculars, you'll enjoy the very steady viewing that makes these binoculars the perfect gift for all ages.

Phase correction for enhanced resolution and contrast
Fully multi-coated optics for maximum brightness
High quality BaK-4 prisms for brightness and edge-to-edge sharpness
Regularly $349.99

Now $159.99! Offer limited to in-stock inventory.

Love the power and the price!

I ordered some for my son and should arrive in a couple of hours, according to UPS. Can't wait to try them out!

12:08 PM: Make that just ARRIVED!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like these are the last of the older model of Eagle Optics's 6 x 32 Ranger Platinums and frankly, they are great! I have one. It's the best binocular you will ever buy for $160.00. Japanese made too. Bright, sharp, 420' FOV, Huge "Sweet Spot!" 3' close focus. An "in the woods" Warbler Glass if there ever was one! Long ER, screw down eyecups and much more! And they still have Eagle's great warranty!

Get it! This is the best 6x roof prism ever made.

Bob

Last edited:
I believe I will assuming they have some left this morning. How low does the IPD go for these bins? Would it fit my son's eyes? I may look to upgrade his Yosemites.

FrankD said:
I believe I will assuming they have some left this morning. How low does the IPD go for these bins? Would it fit my son's eyes? I may look to upgrade his Yosemites.

The binocular is a bit big for him now but he will grow into it in a few years and enjoy it (as long as you don't keep it for yourself !). My nose is rather thin and high humped (Romanesque?) but the eyecups fit is too tight for me at it's narrowest point. My IPD is 68mm. IPD dimensions aren't shown on the binocular. They would be the same as the 8 x 32 if you tried one of them before.
Bob

Last edited:
Matt

not convinced such a large exit pupil is of any advantage unless you have vary strange eyes. I doubt your pupils will dilate to much more than 7mm at your age. An EP over that will not have much advantage. Although I don't understand it, twilight factor ie the detail seen in poor light is improved by both increased magnification and increased objective lense diameter

I just called EO about the bins. Minimum IPD is 58 mm on the RPC 6x32s. It may be a bit wide for my son and it may not. That is the beauty of the 30 day return policy. ;) They should be here on Wednesday.

On another note, I also inquired about the Yosemites and they are sold out. That is the third place now that I am aware of. Leupold obviously underestimated demand on this model.

FrankD said:
Leupold obviously underestimated demand on this model.

Yes, it may be that the 6x30 is getting to be their best sold model (at least that is what two sporting goods managers told me recently). Leupold are naive for underestimating the demand for a 8x30 Yosemite.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back