• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Faulty Goods (1 Viewer)

As of this moment W E say i have to accept a repair Nikon have not offered me anything as yet they are still trying to find the fault. The D300 is in excellent condition it has no marks on it at all.

I am waiting for a response from Nikon U K. Warehouse Express told they are not interested in what the Trading Standards people have said.

Yes i did Steve the 400mm works with my D2Xs and the D300 works with my Sigma 150mm Macro Lens.
Ian

Look forward to the next update, a pro friend if mine had a 300/2.8 that refused to work on his D3, eventually he had a a new lens, funnily enough his 300/2.8 would work on his D2X.

I always assumed after the 28 days that you just went through the warrenty on the product rather than the distributer/retailer. I can understand their point about the time limit as a fault reported well after purchase could be the result of inproper keeping/usage of the product (whether the user knew about it or not - I've seen cameras dead from spilled coke drinks that the owner was never aware of occuring till the camera died sometime later).
I can't imagine that if there is no obvious ware and tear and that you have kept and used it correctly that the warrenty will be and trouble to go through

Looks like WE are hiding behind their T&C to the letter. Which although annoying, doesn't constitute any misrepresentation.

The warranty lies with Nikon.

They usually are pretty good, with personal complaints.

If it were I, I would email them (very polity) with the warranty details and hand deliver it to Kingston (appointment), getting all the names and contacts and giving them a timescale for you to collect again.

A pain as well as an inconvenience, without doubt, but WE will wash their hands of this.

It would be great to think that a Company like WE actually did take after-sales care seriously. Their customers’ spend a lot of money with them.

It wouldn’t take much to arrange a collection of warranty issue problems once a week to Nikon and other manufacturers

I always assumed after the 28 days that you just went through the warrenty on the product rather than the distributer/retailer. I can understand their point about the time limit as a fault reported well after purchase could be the result of inproper keeping/usage of the product (whether the user knew about it or not - I've seen cameras dead from spilled coke drinks that the owner was never aware of occuring till the camera died sometime later).
I can't imagine that if there is no obvious ware and tear and that you have kept and used it correctly that the warrenty will be and trouble to go through

Many companies try this tactic but the contract of sale is between the purchaser and the retailer (not the manufacturer).

Looks like WE are hiding behind their T&C to the letter. Which although annoying, doesn't constitute any misrepresentation.

The warranty lies with Nikon.

They usually are pretty good, with personal complaints.

If it were I, I would email them (very polity) with the warranty details and hand deliver it to Kingston (appointment), getting all the names and contacts and giving them a timescale for you to collect again.

A pain as well as an inconvenience, without doubt, but WE will wash their hands of this.

It would be great to think that a Company like WE actually did take after-sales care seriously. Their customers’ spend a lot of money with them.

It wouldn’t take much to arrange a collection of warranty issue problems once a week to Nikon and other manufacturers

The retailer is liable under the sale of goods act if the goods are faulty.

CB

The sales of goods act is quite lossly worded and is open to interpretation. As I understand it with an item this age (over six months is the key) WHE are quite entitled to offer a repair rather than a replacement. Sure you could insist that the contract is with them so it should go to Nikon via them but that just adds another step so it will take longer.

Ian you do seem to be unlucky with your gear, last year it was a D300 and a 400 f2.8 that were causing you problems, this year another D300 and another lens... I thought you sold all your Nikon gear last month and moved over to Canon?

Thnks for all the comments. I took both camera and lens to Nikon U K on Friday am waiting to hear from them now.

Ian

I contacted Canon about 10 days ago just airing my views on my problem they replied today by e mail to see if i wanted to change over to Canon.

Hi postcardcv,

I did try selling everything and got a good offer over the phone from one person, when he came to collect he dropped his price by £1000.00 so decided to hang on to it for the time being.

Ian

The fault has been found it was the encoder on the Lens that had caused the problem. Getting my gear back tomorrow.

Ian Hardy

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back