• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers Seen in West Mexico? (1 Viewer)

RioTuitoBirder

parrotstowarblers.weebly. com
We are arranging a tour in Puerto Vallarta area (El Tuito and Yelapa) and hoping to see some wintering warblers. I am wondering if anyone who has birded there would care to list some of the warblers they have seen there and the locations. Its been a long-time dream for me to see the summer birds from my area in their winter home. I'm aware that it is unlikely that the same population of birds seen at home are traveling to that exact area but same species is close enough. Last December I saw a Swainson's Thrush in Yelapa near our balcony. One of my favorite songbirds in Washington State! This precipitated our big birding tour for early 2018. :)

Hi RTB,
I have a bird list for Barra de Navidad, about 120 miles south of PV. Unfortunately, I don't have dates listed. Most are not lifers for me so I can't even double check my life list to get dates. I do have a Nashville Warbler listed for 11/16/2014. . Our boat is still moored there and I hope to be there for Thanksgiving. If you haven't done your trip yet I could keep a list of just warblers and PM you. I don't know if this list will help--but here is my Barra list:
http://birdingaboardperegrine.blogspot.com/p/barra-de-navidad-bird-list.html

Thank you, Sue! Anything would be helpful in my mind. If they don't show up in Yelapa it would be interesting to see if they get to Barra.

Thank you, Sue! Anything would be helpful in my mind. If they don't show up in Yelapa it would be interesting to see if they get to Barra.
I will know by the end of the week if we are able to go to Barra in November. If we do, we will only be there for a week. I will keep a bird list for that week and pm it to you. I will let you know if we end up not going.

A most excellent trip report! Very enjoyable to read. Thank you.

Hi RTB,
Are you scheduled for a Yalapa trip? I did go to Barra in November but only got a handful of warblers and they were on the list I posted already. We leave tomorrow for a two week stay in Barra. Happy New Year.

We will be in Yelapa in a little more than 3 weeks from now. In El Tuito for a few days before that, where we are more likely to see warblers. I'm very excited that we have a birder along who is quite accomplished at ID'ing warblers by calls and non-breeding plumage in addition to our Ornithologist Guide. No matter what, I am expecting a very exciting trip with lifers likely every day. I'm not really particular about keeping a life list but I do note unique bird sightings on a blank page in one of my guidebooks. I really should transcribe them elsewhere just in case. Mainly, I'd like to discover which birds are common to Cabo Corrientes and my local area in Washington State. I want to dig a little deeper into neo-tropical migration and to help people see the connections between habitats.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back