• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (1 Viewer)

hello all: here's current work in progress, trying to catch my favourite little Green Sandpiper pond in a slightly more controlled painting style

there's 7 Green Sand planned to go in, drawn waaay too big in the initial mapping out-but when re-sized might go for 2 in the in the water and 5 camped out on the bank, the band of 7 all constellated in the shape of plough as pic #2

Attachments

• 550 q9 greensand DSC_1527 copy copy.jpg
    550 q9 greensand DSC_1527 copy copy.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_1549.JPG
    DSC_1549.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_1560.JPG
    DSC_1560.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 56
Ed,

That is some beautiful reflective composition. Punctuated by some living land. With the Sun beating down.

Can't wait for the "Twee-Wee-Wees" to drop in. For this would surely entice them down!

A big fan you have found!

Magnifico!

Great to see it in stages also!

what a great comp Ed, the Z takes us right in and back and no spaces are repeated, or regular so it stays so lively and moving:t:

Don't know why....but i really like the first stage pic of the 'Z' comp....there's just something about it that appeals to me.....:smoke:

ps....i'm sure the finished thing will be superb too....:t:

Don't know why....but i really like the first stage pic of the 'Z' comp....there's just something about it that appeals to me.....:smoke:

I was quite tempted to put this one in the done pile after three minutes of scrubbing and splooshing at it- but the middling brush and the middling colours were all lined up and ready for action so I resolved to show a bit of discipline and press on in controlled mode..

hello all

slightly bogged down in the green sand pic, but by happy chance had a chinese takeaway to collect from round the corner last eve, so I dropped in for another look and a lovely moment as a green sand gently bumped a snipe off favoured mud edge

so I'm musing on whether to rope that into the painting- a little working out below, with snipe in brown pencil, sand in green then torn and glued together with sploosh on top- green sand grabbed and finished off on the computer by way of bonus feature

Attachments

• 550 q9 snipescan0001.jpg
    550 q9 snipescan0001.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 46
  • 550 DSC_1588 copy.JPG
    550 DSC_1588 copy.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 550 q9 finsihed green sand ehsnipDSC_1587 copy.jpg
    550 q9 finsihed green sand ehsnipDSC_1587 copy.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 48
a brief intermission on painting, but I did sneak out birding over the w/e for long enough to enjoy a wonderful wryneck with a redstart's placid eye just inches behind wryneck's beady not placid eye

then distracted by a King Eider which is not a very Suffolky thing to have to contend with- it managed to cover 10 miles drifting south on the flood tide travelling at walking pace and so far as I could see not paddling once

Attachments

• 550 wryneck scan0001.jpg
    550 wryneck scan0001.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 59
now that's a showy wryneck! I've become familiar with the way they flush more so than what they look like as most of them I see just spring from the side of the path I'm on and disappear. How are the white-arsed knights coming along? (as we call Tringa ochropus in French)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back