• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Latest piece (1 Viewer)

An accomplished work. Not easy to portray birds at such angles. Nice treatment of the shadows and impressive water rendering. Fading the edges really works. Do you paint in the field or studio?

An accomplished work. Not easy to portray birds at such angles. Nice treatment of the shadows and impressive water rendering. Fading the edges really works. Do you paint in the field or studio?

Thanks Den. I do field sketching but I also use my own photo's for details for final pieces.

Beautiful work, Ian. Up to your usual incredible standards. Do you ever exhibit?

Thanks very much Baz. I'm looking into exhibiting locally here in and around Whitstable and have had work in the SWLA exhibition previously which I hope to submit to again. At present, I put most of my work on social media and you can find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Best wishes, Ian

Hi all,
a really evocative piece, with a depiction of motion which even some established masters would find difficult to match. I really like the coloured greys, expansive side lighting and overall tonal harmony which I find very satisfying to the eye.

Hi all,
a really evocative piece, with a depiction of motion which even some established masters would find difficult to match. I really like the coloured greys, expansive side lighting and overall tonal harmony which I find very satisfying to the eye.

Many thanks Bryon.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back