• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Houses (1 Viewer)

Chickadeedeedee

Here are some of our houses ...

The first has Starlings nesting inside. :t: The second has House Wrens. Black-capped Chickadees are setting up housekeeping in the third house ...... House Sparrows have noisy babes in the 4th house and ... House Wrens are in the last house too! :t: :-O

Who lives in your garden?

Attachments

• k9b 354.jpg
    k9b 354.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
  • k9b 360.jpg
    k9b 360.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
  • k9b 356.jpg
    k9b 356.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 26
  • k9b 362.jpg
    k9b 362.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 24
  • k9b 352.jpg
    k9b 352.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
A very nice selection of bird houses, Lydia. I'll go out later & take a few pics of ours, I think only one is in use though, Blue Tits in it, I think.

A fabby selection there, Lydia, and what a good idea for a thread!

We don't provide any bird houses, but we have masses of hedges and mature trees and shrubs which are nested in. I have realised that there is a blackbird nest in the Russian Vine along the front of the house, and there is another one in one of the large conifers to the side of the back garden. The wood store is home to a nest of blue tits.

The Blue Tits who inspected the new house earlier in the year did not take up residence. However, there are House Martins for certain on one end of the house, but not in a nest provided by us.

I took some pics of our nest boxes.
The firestation house is only for show. I doubt any bird would nest in that one. My Son's idea of a joke.|:D|
The second box was the Blue Tits, but they have fledged, when I went to take the pic, they were all in the plum tree with their parents.

Attachments

• bbox25m001.JPG
    bbox25m001.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 24
  • bbox25m002.JPG
    bbox25m002.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 19
  • bbox25m003.JPG
    bbox25m003.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bbox25m004.JPG
    bbox25m004.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 27
  • bbox25m005.JPG
    bbox25m005.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi Lydia,

You're doing a hell of a lot better than I am. I've got 4 assorted boxes up and only one with tenants (Blue Tits in the Great Tit box).

I'm going to have to do some re-siting for next year.

Bill

I took some pics of our nest boxes.
The firestation house is only for show. I doubt any bird would nest in that one. My Son's idea of a joke.|:D|
The second box was the Blue Tits, but they have fledged, when I went to take the pic, they were all in the plum tree with their parents.

The firestation house is lovely! I'd move in if it was a wee bit bigger. :t: We had a little ~Swiss Alpine Home~ which was supposed to be decorative rather than usable. Sparrows didn't know that or care and raised several broods in that little house.

No bird has ever nested in the firestation, Lydia.|:d| But it isn't in an out of the way place like the other boxes.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back