• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon ET-83D Lens Hood (for 100-400mm LL lens) (1 Viewer)

Craig Thayer

The lens hood for my Canon 100-400mm II lens has developed an annoying problem. The side window (for filter adjustment) frequently pops open for no apparent reason allowing in stray light. Other than taping it shut "permanently", does anyone have suggestions about how to solve this issue.

Alternatively is the another lens hood I could purchase that would fit my lens? I never use the window so that is not a requirement

The same issue occurs with my 100-400, as my lens and hood have a "LensCoat" fitted the simple solution as you've stated is to tape the slider in place which you can't see under the lens coat. I would expect you need the remove filter that often.

A new lens hood could work out expensive which my not resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back