• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru Birding and Kolibri Expeditions information Request (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

I am posting this for a friend in Saint Louis, Missouri. I have also invited him to become a member of BirdForum. Then he would be able to query the membership concerning any birding information he may want.

I am considering a trip to Peru this summer. Does
anyone have any imput about Kolibri Expeditions.

Hopefully, someone will be able to respond to his request for info.

Larry Lade said:
I am posting this for a friend in Saint Louis, Missouri. I have also invited him to become a member of BirdForum. Then he would be able to query the membership concerning any birding information he may want.

I am considering a trip to Peru this summer. Does
anyone have any imput about Kolibri Expeditions.

Hopefully, someone will be able to respond to his request for info.

yeah,

run by Gunnar Engblom

nice bloke

trips are very 'budget birder' oriented. he can get you to the birds cheaply but it might be a bit of an adventure. some don't like it that way, others love it... a bit of net research should yield some interesting results! ;) ;)

Tim

Since earlier years they've changed quite a bit and now offer trips at various levels; from the very basic to the luxurious (as "luxurious" as possible in some of these regions - don't expect 5 star hotels in the Amazon! Indeed, at a few of the top birding localities in Peru camping is the only option). The most luxurious tours are sold under the sub-name "Marvellous Spatuletail Tours". When it comes to showing people the birds they're as good and reliable as the other well established companies. Gunnar Engbloem has also been in the very front when it comes to finding areas that previously were unvisited by groups. BTW; Gunnar is a member of BF...

Last edited:
Tim Allwood said:
yeah,

run by Gunnar Engblom

nice bloke

trips are very 'budget birder' oriented. he can get you to the birds cheaply but it might be a bit of an adventure. some don't like it that way, others love it... a bit of net research should yield some interesting results! ;) ;)

Tim

your idea of 'budget' and mine I very different Tim! Budget for me is buses and a few trip reports.

Do recommend their pelagic as there is probably no other reasonable way to get the see birds.

Steve

Steve Babbs said:
your idea of 'budget' and mine I very different Tim! Budget for me is buses and a few trip reports.

Do recommend their pelagic as there is probably no other reasonable way to get the see birds.

Steve

me too Steve

I've never been on any of his trips and have always done it myself. But he is a lot cheaper than the major operators...by a long way, and invilved in conservation projects on the ground over there too which counts for a heck of lot

Tim

Tim Allwood said:
me too Steve

I've never been on any of his trips and have always done it myself. But he is a lot cheaper than the major operators...by a long way, and invilved in conservation projects on the ground over there too which counts for a heck of lot

Tim

Thinking about it I do have some opinions about Kolibri - which I think I'd rather share by PM.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back