• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sigma 150/600 contemporary (1 Viewer)

Some more 'snaps'.
Robin 564mm
BS Kite - 150mm
BS Kite 2 - 600mm

Ok so the BS Kites aren't great pictures in their own right but the demonstration shows that even at great distance the lens has performed well. Would certainly be more than enough for id shots. They are miles better than most of the pictures I took last week - which just means another visit to Monegros!

These are the adjustments I made to the camera:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=15624

What I need to know is which adjustments have made the difference????

Attachments

• robin.JPG
    robin.JPG
    572.7 KB · Views: 378
  • BS kite.JPG
    BS kite.JPG
    563.8 KB · Views: 280
  • BS kite 2.JPG
    BS kite 2.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 373
600mm height of a telegraph pole.

getting the hang of things - although its not one of the better photos. still need to play with the focus a little. another couple of + points.

Should I expect to use the same setting across the whole range of zoom and distance. right for one right for all approach?

Attachments

• Rock Sparrow LANNE 4 5 2017.JPG
    Rock Sparrow LANNE 4 5 2017.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 337
Although i have owned the same lens and dock plus other long zooms i never did the focus adjust on the lens, always on the body,i did it at 600mm about 12-15ft wide open,then any other settings would have more DOF any way

Don't get out much with the Siggy C these days but here is one I took with the lens at the full 600mm

Attachments

• goldfinch 01PN lab.jpg
    goldfinch 01PN lab.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 447
Looks good Roy. Good to see you post again. I just bought one of these and am working on micro adjusting it. I read a review of this lens before I bought it and the guy said you need a lot of patience. How true and he should have added, a whole lot of free time. By the way, did you micro adjust yours?

Robert

I had real problems initially - read some of the above posts. Then I spent some time searching the internet for the 'ideal' camera setup; The results were instant.

The Wallcreeper from yesterday was really just shooitng from the hip - its slightly in front! But in real life taking a snap its allright.

I did do some microadjusting and I think at maximum range it needs some more attention but very happy now...

Attachments

• Dunnock bath.JPG
    Dunnock bath.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Dunnock drying out.JPG
    Dunnock drying out.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 386
  • turks cap lily.JPG
    turks cap lily.JPG
    473.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Wallcreeper 5.JPG
    Wallcreeper 5.JPG
    646.3 KB · Views: 294
Looks good Roy. Good to see you post again. I just bought one of these and am working on micro adjusting it. I read a review of this lens before I bought it and the guy said you need a lot of patience. How true and he should have added, a whole lot of free time. By the way, did you micro adjust yours?

Robert
I did run a micro adjust test Robert but it did not need any adjustments so mine is at zero adjustments. A few things I use via the dock is:-
Change the AF priory to 'Focus accuracy-priority'
Change the OS mode to 'Dynamic View Mode'
BTW I find that you need to stop down tof8 to get the sharpest results at the ling end.

Last edited:
Couple more.

Sadly RB Shrike a little 'out'...

Attachments

• wipit.JPG
    wipit.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 358
  • rb shrike.JPG
    rb shrike.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 362
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back