• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I going for my alpha roof 8x32 (2 Viewers)

It's a very natural process, thinning the troops---after a while, you realize you just keep going out with the same stuff, and other bits and pieces are left hanging on the wall.
Then, you might have the emotional attachment to deal with if you've had some great days with the wall-hangers, and can't bear to see them go.
If you haven't - EBAY!!!

For myself also. It adds a little spice to take out different binoculars. Sometimes I take out my least favorite pair just for a change of pace and to remember how great my best ones are. Plus I'm too lazy to sell anything.

OK here's why I ordered the Swarovskis now instead of waiting.
A friend told me that for some reason LLBean had them on their 25% off sale although all the other Swaros but the Companions were not. He told me to keep it to myself because I guess he wanted some other friends to cash in on this deal. The sale ended last night.

It might have been an error in their system or they were discontinuing that size for some reason but they charged me $1649.25 on my credit card. I'm still waiting for my tracking number but it looks like I just saved $549.75.

You spent $1,649.25 but you saved $549.75 - every now and again, I hear that same rational from the War Department and she sounds very convinced of the fact she saved money by spending money.:t:

As long as you're happy with the purchase - I'm glad you're happy and wish you the best in their use. As soon as you can add a little "character" to the binocular body, I think you'll feel better - at least I do, after the 1st scuff or nick.|:d|

A friend told me that for some reason LLBean had them on their 25% off sale although all the other Swaros but the Companions were not. He told me to keep it to myself because I guess he wanted some other friends to cash in on this deal. The sale ended last night.

It might have been an error in their system or they were discontinuing that size for some reason but they charged me $1649.25 on my credit card. I'm still waiting for my tracking number but it looks like I just saved $549.75.

The more you spend the more you save! I like it!! :t::-O

Lee

You spent $1,649.25 but you saved $549.75 - every now and again, I hear that same rational from the War Department and she sounds very convinced of the fact she saved money by spending money.:t:

As long as you're happy with the purchase - I'm glad you're happy and wish you the best in their use. As soon as you can add a little "character" to the binocular body, I think you'll feel better - at least I do, after the 1st scuff or nick.|:d|

I was ready to pay full price if I had to, that's all I know. :t: I think this is better.

I'll kick em around the living room as soon as I open the box and maybe carve my initials in them so no one will steal them. B :)

That's how I got my 8.5x42 SV. LL Bean and 30% off. At the time I assumed it was a one-off mistake. Maybe not. My eternal gratitude goes out to Jerry (NDhunter) who found that deal and posted it way back when!

Swaro is probably not happy about it though. ;)

Seems like almost all the other Swaros were not included in the sale. I think the Companions were however. It's odd and I'll never know why but I'm not complaining.

Isn't it nice when the consumer wins one and gets a good deal. If the asking price were a mistake, Monday there will be a very interesting conversation in the bean between the manager and accounting, entertaining to say the least.

Andy W.

Considering all the technical errors that seem to go into this business I'll bet nobody even gets a tap on the wrist. When I worked in retail it seemed nobody had to be accountable for anything. Especially management. lol

OK here's why I ordered the Swarovskis now instead of waiting. A friend told me that for some reason LLBean had them on their 25% off sale .... they charged me $1649.25 on my credit card. I'm still waiting for my tracking number but it looks like I just saved $549.75.

"Never Pay Retail" !!! :D :bounce: :eat: o:D 3:) :king: B :) :smoke:

Chosun :gh:

"Never Pay Retail" !!! :D :bounce: :eat: o:D 3:) :king: B :) :smoke:

Chosun :gh:

I would love to acknowledge and thank publically the BF member who tipped me off to this amazing savings but they choose to remain anonymous.o:D I don't think they even bought anything for themselves.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back