• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-legged Gull, Norfolk? (1 Viewer)

With these long wings structually it looks more like a Lesser Black-backed Gull to me. As pale a the mantle can get I suppose... but maybe best to wait for Lou to comment

i think the long winged impression roland gets from this less than good image is due to the fact that it has slightly drooped wings. thus, even primary projection is not possible to tell. this said, it doesn't look particularly long winged to me (also remember that slender females of all large gull taxa have proportionally longer wings than bulky males!). i think it is a YLG but to be on the sure side i'd would have wanted to see a bit of its wingtip pattern. rectangular head and bill shape seem to fit for michahellis, though.

Okay, thanks for the help. I went out looking for it again today but there was no sign but if I do refind it I'll try to get some better photos.

Worth looking just for Farmer Giles’ Page 3 girlfriend - i stick with my original ID the jizz and head looks OK to me but i’m no.....;)

Laurie:t:

I have returned multiple times to look for the gull but with no luck each time. However, I did spot Farmer Giles but there was no sign of his girlfriend unless it's that ugly sow I photographed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back