• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (2 Viewers)

Thanks for all the very kind comments!...tis appreciated when i know that some o you folk enjoy my exploratory....and perhaps unconventional... interpretations of 'nature'..!

I am always very well aware that some of my images may not 'sit right' with some 'viewers' as it is far from traditional artists works...[guess maybe i'm more of a photographer than a 'true' artist]...what do i know?

ps...[Nick].....i love working with shadows!....am glad that you may have enjoyed some o them...! Natural objects subjected to a light source sometimes reveal very interesting hidden images...[interesting to me that is]!

pps...[Deborah4].....it is hard to describe the 'stuff' that i feel compelled to do sometimes! I was never a big fan of surrealists [perhaps surprisingly]....i was always more of a Monet/Chagall 'fan'...;) Am glad you enjoyed perusing my artistic? 'offerings'...

ppps...[Tim]...'Mutts nuts'...? Chuckle! Pleased you like the dragonfly image ....!

I love the waterworld ones, spent hours taking dragonfly images last year. I love what you have done with this one. It almsot looks like that encaustic art which I would dearly love to have a play with too....but I get messy enough as it is without wax.

The cormorant works really well with that sort of wavy wave ;-)
Some really interesting images in here, nice to see a different side to photoshop. I confess to only using it as a necessary evil when my photo's need tweaking. Have you played with any of the HDR programs?

I also enjoyed the images you have taken with images from textures. Natures art :)

I love the waterworld ones, spent hours taking dragonfly images last year. I love what you have done with this one. It almsot looks like that encaustic art which I would dearly love to have a play with too....but I get messy enough as it is without wax.

The cormorant works really well with that sort of wavy wave ;-)
Some really interesting images in here, nice to see a different side to photoshop. I confess to only using it as a necessary evil when my photo's need tweaking. Have you played with any of the HDR programs?

I also enjoyed the images you have taken with images from textures. Natures art :)

Dragonflies are one of my passions Chrissy! To think they spend most of their lives under water and then 'blossom' into these winged wonders....what an amazing life cycle...and such awesome predators!!

I am a complete novice with photoshop....[and am so busy having fun with my limited abilities that...as yet...i have not 'played' with the many functions]. And here i shall confess my ignorance...'what is an HDR program'..??!:eek!:...[told you i was ignorant]...;)

Couldn't resist taking these shots within the environment i found myself in today....

ps...the graffiti was not my artwork...and was presumably created by the local 'wildlife' artistes.....;)

pps...i did warn 'you' that i might post any images that intrigued me...:smoke:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 005 (2).jpg
    005 (2).jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 86
There's more of that stuff I like to call good! The buddleia behind the pipe is a terrific piece of observation - would make a very clever painting and the artists' colours on the grafitti pics I'm sure aren't in my colour-wheel (more's the pity).

Dragonflies are one of my passions Chrissy! To think they spend most of their lives under water and then 'blossom' into these winged wonders....what an amazing life cycle...and such awesome predators!!
I agree. I have never really got into the insect thing until last year and the first one I got a good image of was a beautiful demoiselle. I couldn't believe the colours.......and so it went on. My entire mission in life became to capture a decent pic of a migrant hawker :-O

I am a complete novice with photoshop....[and am so busy having fun with my limited abilities that...as yet...i have not 'played' with the many functions]. And here i shall confess my ignorance...'what is an HDR program'..??!:eek!:...[told you i was ignorant]...;)

I think you could spend a long time finding all the functions in photoshop.
HDR is short for High Dynamic Range. I don't have a program but I have been playing on a copy that my OH has. It is meant to make images look more real as experienced by the human eye...but I confess to manipulating images with it and making them look a little unreal but full of colour. I like colour :)

great stuff, much as graffiti can be an eyesore, it is great from an art point of view ( I very much subscribe to the idea that art ain't always pretty) One of my favourite views of a wallcreeper was on a graffiti covered wall.

Who would paint their house lurid pink? Is Rod Hull reincarnated, and where is Emu?

Couldn't resist taking these shots within the environment i found myself in today....

ps...the graffiti was not my artwork...and was presumably created by the local 'wildlife' artistes.....;)

pps...i did warn 'you' that i might post any images that intrigued me...:smoke:

Both myself and another artist have been having a long debate over the net on our blogs....about "Who's art is it anyway? "
Much of it is where we have taken an image of something that started of as something a bit different. For example, I took a pic on holiday of a photographer who in turn was photographing a model ;-)

She took a great photo of a carving in the middle of a forest somewhere that had weathered and then passers by had added their own touches..

I do think that graffiti in certain circumstances has a certain appeal when weathered and battered by elements :)

I have a favourite old brick building that I keep meaning to stop at when the oil seed rape is in flower. I never managed last year and much to my disgust this lovely old brick tumble down building aquired a rather large "K" on it at the end of the year. I confess to being really annoyed but after the winter, it has weathered a little and I do think it has a certain something. I still wish I had stopped last year though ;)

great stuff, much as graffiti can be an eyesore, it is great from an art point of view ( I very much subscribe to the idea that art ain't always pretty) One of my favourite views of a wallcreeper was on a graffiti covered wall.

Who would paint their house lurid pink? Is Rod Hull reincarnated, and where is Emu?

Chuckle!!

Erm....how can i answer your question as to 'who' would paint their house pink...without perhaps offending certain sensibilities that some folk may hold..? The 'environment' in this particular part of Leicester, where i took these pix, is very 'run down' shall we say...sort of a throwback type wasteland...[think 'Shameless'];) The pink building...is in fact...a massage parlor...:eek!: [and no...i don't know the color of the 'inside' of 'establishment]...should you be tempted to ask!
I have a fascination...[yes...another one]!...with derelict 'places'....there is always something of 'interest' to my eyes...even if it's only a weed poking thru the concrete.....

ps...will post some more 'stuff' later...but in the meantime....here is an 'actual' image i took of...guess what?...yep...an owl..! It wasn't so much the owl that i found interesting...[which they always are of course]....but the the vivid pinky red farm machine on which it was perched....

ps...thanks for all the kind comments...[will respond soon to individuals...unless i get sidetracked again]...;)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 96
I absolutely love old, derelict, rust ridden places. The problem of course is that they're often beloved of druggies and gangstas too! But there's always something interesting to see and you've picked out some good stuff there.

I've been photographing bits of an old railway bridge recently, all rust and decrepitness.

Mike

lol, don't worry - stereotypically I'm one of those certain sensibilities supposed to live in a lurid pink house - well what's what they said at school anyway. Nothing offensive in there, Still, doubt I would go that far!
Superb place to catch a little owl there, it's been too long since I last saw one, they're such great little birds and this is a great little scene you've captured!

I absolutely love old, derelict, rust ridden places. The problem of course is that they're often beloved of druggies and gangstas too! But there's always something interesting to see and you've picked out some good stuff there.

I've been photographing bits of an old railway bridge recently, all rust and decrepitness.

Mike

Hmmm, great inspiration by username...perhaps we need a rust and decrepitness thread...I do have a few contenders myself.........;)

Mike

The textures and colors of aging 'materials' always captivates me...whether metal...wood..stone...etc. My 'beachcombing' proclivities are ever-present...even amidst dereliction...!
I have acquired all sorts of 'bits and pieces' on my world wide travels...[attached is a pic of just 'some' of the many stones that have come from all corners of the planet]....

ps...am particularly fond of desert terrain.....and the sculptures produced therein....[the 'artist' being the natural weathering elements].....

pps...[Nick]...thing i like about that little owl pic is the fact that there is a jagged crack in metalwork just below him]...!

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 74
WOW (again) this really is one feck of an image, I just had to re-share it. The crack is almost ridiculously perfect (like a comic book lightning bolt).
Cracking job!!! - sorry.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 74
WOW (again) this really is one feck of an image, I just had to re-share it. The crack is almost ridiculously perfect (like a comic book lightning bolt).
Cracking job!!! - sorry.

It makes for an unusual setting doesn't it..? [and no 'tinkering' with image on my part]!
I have a great love of 'this sort' of juxtaposition regards nature subjects. Sometimes 'such a happening'..[like the little owl comp]...is so fleeting...that even if i were to possess the great artistic skills with paint/pencil etc...[like some of you guys have]..i would not be able to capture the moment to my satisfaction. I always have my mobile phone camera with me...[which is my 'fleeting image' capture device]!....so even if a 'happening' occurs...maybe owing to a particular direction of light/shadow....i can 'preserve' the scene instantly.

ps...the comic book lightening effect probably particularly appealed as i am an old comic book 'fiend'....[love super heroes n villains]..sci-fi...etc. [think this sci-fi influence leaks thru into my images at times...if not all the time...;)

pps...i am even working on images of 'wildlife' that may occur on other planets...:eek!:.....[yes...i am 'bonkers']...B :)

Just thought I'd share a couple of the bridge images. Fascinating stuff, I've got loads!

Mike

Attachments

• rust1.jpg
    rust1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 66
  • rust2.jpg
    rust2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 65
  • rust3.jpg
    rust3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 68
  • rust4.jpg
    rust4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 64
  • rust5.jpg
    rust5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back