• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for a 10x32 ed binocular under $400 (1 Viewer)

clipboard

I am looking for a 10x32 with ed glass and taking out west in nebraska in the fall of 2019 to do some hunting.

i have 8x20 hgl nikon and love them just wanting 10s because of the long
distances out west.

i purchased some 10x32 celestron trailseekers on sale for $75 and was surprised with the good view and really like them but was
wondering if there is something better under $400 ?

your opinons wil be appreciated.

Probably the Meopta MeoPro. Nice optics and size although they aren’t the best with glare. Also I would avoid the Monarch M7 10x30 as it has the worst glare of any bino I’ve ever used. Others here may disagree but I bought two pairs and sent them both back. The first pair was so bad I thought it had to be defective and sent it back. The next pair was awful too. You might check out the Opticron Traveller as well. I bought a pair that had a defective diopter and sent it back. I did see a pair at a bird fair this year and the optics were quite impressive for the price.

thanks for the input. I might include 10x42s as there is more options out there.

I hate to here that about the m7s.will look at the opticron prices.

Keep an eye out for second hand 10x32 HGLs. I bought a new pair on close-out for £500 last year and it is probably the best £500 I’ve spent: Wide field, sharp almost to the edge, good ergonomics, and you only loose a bit of light at dawn or dusk compared to a 10x42 - for a lot less weight and size.

ok thanks I love my nikon 8x20 hgls they are really good for a pocket.

Im thinking the best binocular I'm seeing in my price range is the bushnell engage or vanguard endeavor 2 in 10x42.

Now looking at Meopta meopro 10x 32

Bushnell m seriies 10 x 42

Vanguard Endeavor 2 10x 42

Sightron s3 10x32. Narrow field of view?

Bushnell engage 10x42/ $70 dollar rebate expires 12/31

Hawke frontier Ed 10x32

So many binoculars in this class I think the meopro is the way to go but bushnell should are really good too and cheaper ... I’m sure I left some other brands out too hard to decide???

If you’re deciding between the Bushnells and Meopros than size would probably be the deciding factor. Of the two Bushnells the Engage is smaller that the M but the M has the lifetime no fault warranty.

Update I ordered a pair of 10x32 meopros and got them today and now I am returning them

They are defective as the right barrel will not focus sharp and I am right eye dominant and

That’s just not acceptable too bad but my 10x32 trail seekers were better??? Go figure but

Mechanically the meopro s were better I will try another pair and hope for the best

got the new pair in and all is good now its interesting how they have a little more magnification over the trailseekers as well as a wider field of view?

image is really sharp in center just as sharp as my nikon 10x25 lxl's

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back