• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Pastor (1 Viewer)

pastordavidviles

Church Pastor
Greetings Everyone,
I'm a church Pastor in mid-Missouri in a little named Lohman. It is a rural community and St. Paul's church was built on a hill overlooking the community of 160 people. I live in a parsonage a couple of hundred feet from the church surrounded by trees, flowers, shrubs, and all kinds of places for birds to enjoy.
I have a nice Canon and lens to reach out and get a decent photo from time to time but it seems I don't have the opportunities I would like.
We have a good mix of birds in the area but they are elusive so I'm looking for ways to encourage them to hang around for photo opportunities and just to enjoy watching and listening to them.
I would like information on healthy food to put out that will attract them but also give them good nourishment so I would appreciate any advice you may give me.
I also have a bird nesting just outside one of my windows that I'm having trouble identifying. She is on her second clutch this spring and has one odd egg in the nest so I'm thinking probably a cowbird.
Her first next had a couple of babies but ended up with one large fellow. I'll try to figure out the best place to post a couple of pictures for help.
Thanks and blessings to you all.

Hi Pastor David and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

One of the most important things you could provide is water for them to drink and bathe in. This and any feeders needs to be within meters of some shrubs so the birds feel they have somewhere to escape to if a predator appears. When you see what comes in then you can work out what feed and feeders you should have.

For more advice and information you could try posting in the Food and Feeders section of the Garden Birds subforum.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Welcome aboard Pastor Viles and please join in wherever you like.

Following Delia's advice should bring you plenty of bird life around ;)

Hi David, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back