• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wrexile1's 2006 List (1 Viewer)

J Jones

Off to a steady start to the year; haven't seen anything particularly rare. However, on 138 species by 5th January. Best birds so far include:

Black Brant
Tundra Bean Goose
Greenland White-fronted Goose
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
Caspian Gull
Hawfinch
Black-necked Grebe

So, as you can see, nothing too spectacular as yet!

Not much to add really; White-headed and Ferruginous Ducks were nice yesterday (I'm sorry, but squawky green parakeets in London don't excite me). 159 for the year - not really trying, so don't expect too much.

A few more bits and bobs puts me on to 174; Penduline Tits are probably birds of the year so far, with other highlights since my last update including Ring-billed Gull, Arctic Redpoll, Lesser Scaup and wintering Garganey.

Up to 199 as of 6th April - latest include American Wigeon, Little Gull, Osprey amongst common summer migrants.

252 (BOU) by June 20th. Recent birds include Scops Owl, Red-footed Falcon, Lesser Yellowlegs and Red-necked Phalarope.

305 BOU/IRBC by the end of the year.. couldn't be bothered for the last 6 weeks. Most recent were Murrelet, Kite, etc etc blah blah.

Missed some crackers this year. White-rumped Sand and Glaucous Gull spring to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back