• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Service, OK (1 Viewer)

Pinewood

New York correspondent
United States
Hello,

I noticed that my Zeiss 8x30 Dialyt ClassiC lost its centre focussing, after I left for my bird watching walk. I think that the binocular received a knock disabling it.

In any case, it took less than three weeks from sending it to Zeiss, after making an online service request, to receive it, today, repaired at no cost to me.

I find that to be satisfactory service.
:t: :t:

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

That's excellent news Arthur. Do you think it was repaired in the US, or was it sent to Germany?

Rathaus

Hello Rathaus,

On the same day, I received notification that the work would be done and that the work was completed. I guess that it was done in the States, as round trip to Germany would have absorbed more time.

Zeiss has a major market in the States served by Zeiss USA.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hi:

Hello Arthur,

Did you send it to Virgina or New York and was it returned from the same location that you sent it?

It is my understanding that most of the Sports Optics is now New York based.

That is great to hear about the good service.

Thanks.

Hello Arthur,

Did you send it to Virgina or New York and was it returned from the same location that you sent it?

It is my understanding that most of the Sports Optics is now New York based.

That is great to hear about the good service.

Thanks.

Hello Bruce,

I mailed it, as instructed to Virginia but the return label had a New York address, I do not take that as proof that it was serviced in New York but the contact for the service was in New York, as well.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hI:

Thanks Arthur. It appears service is now out of NY. I went and checked the customer service web page and it is now showing a Thornwood, NY address. That is only 26 miles from you as the Central Park crow flies.

Thanks Arthur. It appears service is now out of NY. I went and checked the customer service web page and it is now showing a Thornwood, NY address. That is only 26 miles from you as the Central Park crow flies.

Hello Bruce,

That would explain how I received my binocular the day after I was notified that the work had been completed.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back