• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (1 Viewer)

1. Eurasian Tree Sparrow
2. Olive-backed Sunbird
3. White-rumped Munia

Actually, that's Bollocks, couldn't see the difference between a Sparrow and an Eagle this morning:))))

"Starting" the day with a pot of black coffee, behind the window.
1 Eurasian Blackbird
2 Great Tit
3 Eurasian Collared-Dove
4 Eurasian Magpie
3:)

1. Black Headed gull
2. Magpie
3. Woodpigeon
4. Great tit
5. Blue tit
6. feral Pigeon
7.Blackbird
8. Carrion Crow
9. Dunnock
10. Starling
11. Lesser Black Backed gull
12. Greenfinch
13. Robin
14. Mallard

hoping to beat last years total of 173

went for some fresh air into the garden
6 Rock/Feral Pigeon
7 Blue Tit
8 European Starling
9 Black-headed Gull
10 Eurasian Tree Sparrow
11 Herring Gull
12 Eurasian Jay
13 Great Spotted Woodpecker
14 Common Wood-Pigeon

already beaten by my "birding spousse" by two though :
(Wren and Grey Heron)

On opening the curtains............

House Sparrows
Starlings
Blackbirds
Dunnocks
Collared Doves
Crows
Jackdaws

Hoping to go out for a drive so will update later.

Rin

I know i said i wouldnt do a year list this year, but i couldnt resist it! However this year isnt going to be a mad one like last year; need to save the pennies!

Am on 50 after a 2 hour walk round local area, the best species being Lesser-spotted Woodpecker, Kingfisher and Raven.

Planned to go for Yank Wigeon and check the possible Lesser Scaup but that had to be shelved for another day.

Went for a local walk instead and bagged a local patch tick, Common Gull.

Now on 42 and hoping for Glonk tomorrow which will be a Devon tick.

Still watching the garden for one of the two Blackcaps. Typical. They came in everyday except when I need them! B******s!

Through blurry eyes managed to see
Peregrine Falcon
Kestrel
Blackredstart
Syrian Woodpecker
Collared dove
Pied Wagtail
Starling
House Sparrow
Goldfinch
Great tit
Chaffinch
Lesser Black backed Gull
just from the garden -not capable of walking/driving today

Well. after the celebrations got home at 4am. Tried to get up a lunchtime but then thought better of it. Finally felt human again by 4pm and went out for a sobering stroll with the dogs to tick off Sparrowhawk and Buzzard as my first two of the year.

Note to myself.......

Will not drink tonight and will be up nice and early tomorrow to get a full days birding in!

Got my list off to a start at 3.30am this morning, while walking home a robin was on a post singing away.
The state of my health prevented me from having the days birding I had planned, but still managed to get to 36 from the house.

I got off to a great start this year with a Barn Owl; seen 2 minutes after midnight! My list was up to 35 at midday.
Best bird of the morning was a male Violaceous Euphonia that almost came to the fruit feeder in the back yard.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back