View Single Post
Old Sunday 6th August 2006, 15:16   #2
ChinaBirds
Nick Sismey

06 August 2006

After not picking up a new bird for the year in over a month a very confiding Yellow Legged Gull sitting on a bouy near the Visitor Center at Attenborough Nature Reserve leaves just seven birds needed in the UK to make my first 200 in a year!

344. Yellow Legged Gull.................Attenborough.................England

I was also pleased with the photo of a young Dunnock

20 August 2006

Managed an early morning visit to Hong Kong Park on the island this morning, but even then it was so humid, water was dripping off me. Best bird of the morning was an Asian Paradise Flycatcher but three new ones for the year were as follows: -

345. Yellow Crested Cockatoo---------Park--------------Hong Kong
346. Rose Ringed Parakeet------------Park--------------Hong Kong
347. Jungle Crow----------------------Park--------------Hong Kong

25 August 2006

Joined fellow Birdforum member Ray (Menlip) today in Guangzhou to go birding in a mountain jungle area called Shatian. The weather was very changeable thanks to a typhoon warning near Hong Kong with several heavy rain showers and when the sun came out the humidity going off the scale. We were also joined by another birder Sarah who knew the area very well. The time of year and weather did not lend itself to good bird watching but I did pick up one new one for the year.

348. Red Billed Leiothrix------------Shatian-----------China

It was great meeting Ray and Sarah for the first time, I hope to be able to go birding with them again in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0036a.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	54395  

Last edited by ChinaBirds : Tuesday 26th December 2006 at 10:59.