• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Madeira birding - inc. Madeira Wind Birds 3-day pelagic (1 Viewer)

Thank you for posting this thread and those amazing photographs. I had family holidays in Madeira back in the springs of 1997 and 1998. It is always good to read of developments in birdwatching there, as I thought in the 1990s that it was under-rated as an ornithological destination. Not so now! Good luck to Hugo and colleagues.

Allen

I will go back with the aim of running an annual trip out there myself in a more comfortable boat for the less hardcore birders! Interested?

Hey Steve,
thought you might be interested to know about the website I work for, which is specifically for creating free listings for trips like the one you've mentioned. It's called Ooh.com - hope it's of some use. Funnily enough the Madeira Wind Birds folks are already listed on our site.

Thank you for the fantastic trip report - very detailed and insightful.

Best,

Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back