• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

warbler near Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA (1 Viewer)

djleahy

I made my first foray into New Mexican birding this morning. I hiked up a piney canyon east of Santa Fe. Pretty high, starting at over 8000' and going higher. I got exactly one shot of this warbler before it took off. As usual for my posts, not much to work with!

I don't really know what warblers I'd expect to see up here . . . help?!

Attachments

• IMG_6303.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 1,551
Grace's Warbler.

Thanks Joe -- that's a perfect match! I was worried the picture would be too poor to make an ID, but I guess if the bird is striking enough, then a feeble shot can do the trick! This seems quite unambiguous to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back