• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Creedmoor fit Diascope 85? (1 Viewer)

paxtonm

Hello,

Several of you in another thread indicated you were satisfied with the Creedmoor stay-on cases. I called the store, and a very helpful representative indicated it is the OEM manufacturer for Kowa cases. He couldn't tell me if their largest cases would fit the angled 85 mm Diascope. Have any of you had any luck? Which model did you settle upon?

The Zeiss cases are criminally expensive, and I'd rather not have "CARL ZEISS" screaming at people in bright, white letters, either.

Thanks,
Mark

I have an opticron case, which I like very much. Its a bit tight and has to be persuaded to fit around the tripod fitting a little. Otherwise its a much better case than the Zeiss case which I returned as not being suitable for its intended purpose..... My case screams Opticron in big white letters!!!

I've used Skua cases since they were first produced, first on a Kowa scope and now on my Leica APO and have found no real grounds for complain. (Unlike many fellow forum members). No way would I pay the exorbitant price Leica charge for their own brand.

Mick Baron

Re: Creedmore Scope Case

paxtonm said:
Hello,

Several of you in another thread indicated you were satisfied with the Creedmoor stay-on cases. I called the store, and a very helpful representative indicated it is the OEM manufacturer for Kowa cases. He couldn't tell me if their largest cases would fit the angled 85 mm Diascope. Have any of you had any luck? Which model did you settle upon?

The Zeiss cases are criminally expensive, and I'd rather not have "CARL ZEISS" screaming at people in bright, white letters, either.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,

I have the Creedmore Scope case and the 'large' fits the Zeiss 85 very nicely.
I've uploaded a couple of photos of the scope case. Note: I have extra green
film padding around the scope as added protection but I don't think its necessary - I just have the dropsies...).

At the price I won't hesitate to buy one again in the future.

Jerry

Attachments

• CreedmoreScopecase18.jpg
    CreedmoreScopecase18.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 539
  • Opencase2.jpg
    Opencase2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 505
Yes!!!

Exactly! I ordered the case, and I thank you for the very helpful post. It is quite the bargain. I especially appreciate the subdued color and the lack of branding that advertises "EXPENSIVE SCOPE: WEALTHY VICTIM" as in the Zeiss model. I think being asked to pay more than $150 US for a nylon case is nothing less than criminal exploitation. Love the scope. Yesterday, we took a ride out of town. 15 minutes from home, we glassed an adult Bald Eagle at 60 x and it was stunning. Common Merganser in full eclipse plumage was next. Then a distant grebe -- Clark's as revealed in the scope. A few miles down the road, we eyed a Great Horned Owl napping in a cavity in a sandy cliff. She filled the field of view nicely. What a scope!

Thanks again.

jourdaj said:
Mark,

I have the Creedmore Scope case and the 'large' fits the Zeiss 85 very nicely.
I've uploaded a couple of photos of the scope case. Note: I have extra green
film padding around the scope as added protection but I don't think its necessary - I just have the dropsies...).

At the price I won't hesitate to buy one again in the future.

Jerry

I agree with your comments about advertising your purchase.

Last week I was talking to a guy who had left his swaro scope and equipment in a local hide while he nipped off to fetch something from his car. He was in the company of what he thought were two trustworthy fellow birdwatchers. Suprise suprise when he returned he found the cupboard bare. Luckily with the technology of a mobile phone and quick thinking local policemen, he recovered his gear very quickly, when the local plod thought it strange someone carrying two scopes and tripods over his shoulder and staggering under the weight.

I suppose the guy was slightly stupid trusting like that, but its also a shame that because of the expense of scopes and bins we need to be evermore vigilent.

I urge anyone owning any type of scope or binoculars to mark them in some way either with a UV pen or some other method. Lenses and other equipment too. It could pay in the longrun.

Damn Mick, takin another birder's scope! That's cold. I'm usually trusting of other birders too. Hope the thief gets whats coming to him.

Bill Atwood said:
Almost forgot, does anyone know if Creedmore makes a cover that will fit a Swaro ATS 80 nicely?

Bill,

Its worth ordering the cover for the Kowa 80mm and trying it out. You can always send it back. The design is simple enough that it should fit.

Jerry

paxtonm said:
Exactly! I ordered the case, and I thank you for the very helpful post. It is quite the bargain. I especially appreciate the subdued color and the lack of branding that advertises "EXPENSIVE SCOPE: WEALTHY VICTIM" as in the Zeiss model. I think being asked to pay more than $150 US for a nylon case is nothing less than criminal exploitation. Love the scope. Yesterday, we took a ride out of town. 15 minutes from home, we glassed an adult Bald Eagle at 60 x and it was stunning. Common Merganser in full eclipse plumage was next. Then a distant grebe -- Clark's as revealed in the scope. A few miles down the road, we eyed a Great Horned Owl napping in a cavity in a sandy cliff. She filled the field of view nicely. What a scope!

Thanks again.

Sorry to rehash an apparently resolved issue, but I wanted to make sure the case you ordered for your Zeiss Diascope 85 Angled was the one featured on this page: http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16263&cat=269&page=1 , and was the 18'' model. I would like to replace my recently-purchased and somewhat-resented Zeiss case with the much cheaper Creedmoor, but want to know for sure which case is the right one before I relinquish my Zeiss. Thanks!

ivrit said:
Sorry to rehash an apparently resolved issue, but I wanted to make sure the case you ordered for your Zeiss Diascope 85 Angled was the one featured on this page: http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16263&cat=269&page=1 , and was the 18'' model. I would like to replace my recently-purchased and somewhat-resented Zeiss case with the much cheaper Creedmoor, but want to know for sure which case is the right one before I relinquish my Zeiss. Thanks!

Yes, it is the very same one. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back